Blank2k2

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2005
Well i would of searched this problem on google but i have no idea how to explain it in a few short words.

my dads recently(2-3months) got this new PC (£1000 "gaming" PC from PC World)...

quick spec run down..

3.4ghz P4
X600 GFX PCI-Express ("gaming" pc)
1gig dual channel ram
7,200 seagate hard drive

when playing game "Need For Speed Most Wanted" (only game i can get to run smoothly tbh, on low settings) .. using the keyboard with up arrow to accelerate etc, as per usual... hit the NOS key, can no longer turn!.. changed the key from ALT to "0" incase it was a ALT causing a problem, CANT TURN!... lol

ive had this problem on past games, but since i usually do RTS games i havnt been bothered.

so anyone know how i can cure this problem?

(not being able to press more then 2 keys without losing steering or whatever)

i uninstalled Oblivion from this PC, i lowered the graphics so much it started resembling the old "Doom", but with 15fps.

P.s
my PC is a custom build, i really should of offered to build my dads but didnt occur to me, forgot how horrible store-bought PCs are!

Blank2k2

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2005
haha gaming pc from pc world. i recently thought i'd check the availabity of dual link dvi cables in case i wanted to buy one and they didn't have one. and its called pc world.

sorry back to topic, i recently bought a cherry keyboard online and then had to buy another because it to could only press 2 keys at a time. my problem was running froward and left and trying to reload weapons at the same time. the keyboard was great in every other way but i just bought a cheap 20 microsoft keyboard. sure compared to the cherry one the keys feel soft and cheap but least i can press three buttons at a time.

my advice would be get a new keyboard or ask pc world to replace it, unless there is a way to fix it. i think it's a built in flaw though.

ahhhh, i was wondering if it was a keyboard problem, i was using 1 of my old wireless logitech keyboards but for some unknown reason it packed up recently so im using the keyboard that came with the PC

mainly because it looks nice, decent keyboard in terms of look & feel etc compaired to PC Worlds usual dried playdough style keyboards anyway.

but since uve confirmed my suspicion ill figured out why my wireless keyboard died!

Evad_jr

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2006
Logitech and Microsoft both make sure all of their keyboard support a minimum of 4 keys pressed at the same time (acutally for Microsoft the minimum is 7 keys I think).

Either way, 99% of the games out there don't really make you press more than 4 keys at once so you will be fine with either. However, there is a trick to design keyboards to support than many keys being pressed at the same time, which is why a lot of cheap OEM or knockoff keyboards don't work when you press more than 2 keys at once.