GeForce3 Ti200 (yes they still exist)

virtual

Distinguished
May 13, 2006
i have an old asus v8200t2 which is basicly a gf3 ti200 and believe it or not i could play most games (with a bit of reduced quality) on it. well FEAR was an exeption ;(... oblivion also killed the poor card.
so i want to try to get something more of it. it still run stock speeds which are 175/400 :)
how far can i push it without frying the card? there r no ramsinks and the gpu cooler itself is kinda small...
any ideas?

ps. i know i need to buy something new... please dont tell me that :)

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
Pull the HS/F off it, clean it out then reinstall using some AS5, or even AS3.

See if you have a few extra heatsinks laying around..throw them on the RAM.

If not, Aim a decent fan at the RAM chips. Download Coolbits - reg hack.

Install it, and then you will get overclocking Options in the Display Settings

panel. You'll have to click Settings,Advanced, Then there'll be a tab with

the name of your Card on it..click it. If there's a menu sticking out the side..

great, if not, look for a green arrow, and click it. Click on "Clock

Frequency Settings" Click the radio button for manual overclocking. Also

checkmark "apply these settings at startup". Now time to start experiment

ing. 5-10 MHz at a time. Click "test changes" then apply. Reboot and go

back in and see if the settings took. I think you should be able to get

215-220 on the core. Probably 460 ish on RAM. Should help abit, but

don't expect miracles. Remember to put the card through it's paces to make

sure it's stable, and not too hot.

GL :wink:

no matter how far you oc it its not going to turn into even a GF4 Ti4200... but what the hey - PUSH IT TO ITS LIMITS! but dont kill the poor thing

i have an old asus v8200t2 which is basicly a gf3 ti200 and believe it or not i could play most games (with a bit of reduced quality) on it. well FEAR was an exeption ;(... oblivion also killed the poor card.
so i want to try to get something more of it. it still run stock speeds which are 175/400 :)
how far can i push it without frying the card? there r no ramsinks and the gpu cooler itself is kinda small...
any ideas?

virtual

Distinguished
May 13, 2006
thanx for the help.
well the core went to 212. 1Mhz more and it produced artifacts :(
but the ram went up to 460 without any heatinks (the only heasink i have around is the stock for athlon xp 1700 :) )
i think i can even push it some more...
the temps are 67 core and 48 ram in windows (i dunno how to check it in games). anyway this gpu has only one mode (it operates the same way in both 2d and 3d) so i think the temps are good....

edit: of course its RAM not rum... next time i'll oc vodka :)

sojrner

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
thanx for the help.
well the core went to 212. 1Mhz more and it produced artifacts :(
but the rum went up to 460 without any heatinks (the only heasink i have around is the stock for athlon xp 1700 :) )
i think i can even push it some more...

umm... frindes dont let friends drink and oc. Perhaps if you lay off the rum you will get better numbers? :lol:

TurricaN_BEL_

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
My wife uses my old GF3 Ti 500 , not so much different from yours , just faster ram and higher clocked core.
But even though she isnt used to any graphical excesses , shes complaining alot te me lately , forget about fear and oblivion , she even complained about speed issues with The Movies and :D Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 .
My advice would be to save up for a new graphics card , or maybe a new system.
Overclocking, even with another cooler wont get you much past Ti 500 values and my wife's one is OC'ed to 255 / 560 (really the limit with stock cooler) and even then it is hopeless , and sometimes prone to artifacts.
:(
Her system is a 2800 Athlon XP (barton) with 1 GB ram , maybe its also a lack of memory that hurts the performance.
Anyway one game plays like a knife going trough butter and thats Doom 3
I dont understand why , but it is one helluva softie on graphic requirements.
(1024*768) high detail is really playable.....

dvdpiddy

Splendid
Feb 3, 2006
no matter how far you oc it its not going to turn into even a GF4 Ti4200... but what the hey - PUSH IT TO ITS LIMITS! but dont kill the poor thing

any ideas?

Look i would let that card retire it's old and tired let it live out the rest of it's days in peace maybe in an old p3 comp with 128 mb sdr ram and an old bx 440 chipset yeah let the old timers retire together and talk about the good old days about how they got 40 fps on half-life or that they helped you win in counter strike ya that would be nice for them.

virtual

Distinguished
May 13, 2006
My wife uses my old GF3 Ti 500 , not so much different from yours , just faster ram and higher clocked core.
But even though she isnt used to any graphical excesses , shes complaining alot te me lately , forget about fear and oblivion , she even complained about speed issues with The Movies and :D Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 .
My advice would be to save up for a new graphics card , or maybe a new system.
Overclocking, even with another cooler wont get you much past Ti 500 values and my wife's one is OC'ed to 255 / 560 (really the limit with stock cooler) and even then it is hopeless , and sometimes prone to artifacts.
:(
dude, dunno about your wifes comp but this poor card is realy the week link in my system...
2500+ Barthon oced to 200x11 (some handpicked stepping with unlocked multiplier, dont remember) with a cooler salvaged from a 3200+
Asus A7N8X Deluxe V2 - the best socket A mobo ever :)
and a pair of geil 512 cl2.5 ram
in case your wondering i got the vga before the rest of the system...
anyone i can play civ4 on the largest maps without problems... NFS:MW also runs good and a lot of other stuff....

off topic - this card cost me around 200$ when i bought it.... now its worth 20 :)

virtual

Distinguished
May 13, 2006
Her system is a 2800 Athlon XP (barton) with 1 GB ram , maybe its also a lack of memory that hurts the performance.
Anyway one game plays like a knife going trough butter and thats Doom 3
I dont understand why , but it is one helluva softie on graphic requirements.
(1024*768) high detail is really playable.....
i guess its the fsb. 2800+ is 166. mine is oced to 200. olso may be the latency...
and doom is easy on old nv graphics becouse its openGL unlike most games which are based on directx...

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
Look i would let that card retire it's old and tired let it live out the rest of it's days in peace maybe in an old p3 comp with 128 mb sdr ram and an old bx 440 chipset yeah let the old timers retire together and talk about the good old days about how they got 40 fps on half-life or that they helped you win in counter strike ya that would be nice for them.[/quote]

He wrote: ps. i know i need to buy something new... please dont tell me that .

People have a hard time with their own advice. He didn't ask you to critique

it, just what you thought he could clock it too....Jeesshhh!!!!

tenaciousleydead

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2004
o cmon man whatre you giving up for! ive seen plenty gf 2's run oblivion max settings 1600x1200, just yeh waste some money and slap together a watercooling/pelt set! no need to upgrade!!

cisco

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2004
Use Coolbits, it has an auto feature that will slowly overclock until it clips then back it down to the fastest safe level. But I doubt it will be enough to run oblivion.

dvdpiddy

Splendid
Feb 3, 2006
Look i would let that card retire it's old and tired let it live out the rest of it's days in peace maybe in an old p3 comp with 128 mb sdr ram and an old bx 440 chipset yeah let the old timers retire together and talk about the good old days about how they got 40 fps on half-life or that they helped you win in counter strike ya that would be nice for them.

First off fix the quote and second i was joking with him.

TurricaN_BEL_

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
:lol:
BUY?
Lol if you live in Belgium you would get it for free ,just come and pick it up.
Probably youre American so thats outta the question , or was that a joke/cynical remark?
But its true , Doom 3 is playable at 1024 x 768 in high detail.......

bigsby

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
I've got the same graphics card in my older system, a dell. Its got a P4 1.8ghz, 256 ram, and a GeForce 3 Ti200 and I used to play Fable on quite high settings and still get good fps, i have no idea why considering it takes 15 seconds to open firefox. It's never been overclocked either. The old GeForces were really something back then if they can handle games like this and still get more than 1 fps.

ps: If I lived in Belgium, then I'd come pick your card up and run them in SLI, lol.

conroe

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2006
Lol, I just pulled one out of my brother-in-law's Dell and gave him a Radeon 9600 I had sitting around I payed $39 for early last year. I put the Gefoce3 Ti 200 in the 2x slot of a Abit BH6 my four year old plays on (he gets a upgrade soon.)

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006

It's weird, everytime you post something senseless, and get called on

it, you use the "i was joking" excuse. Pretty lame "out", if you ask me.

Word of advice: If you're "joking", use a wink, or big smile or something,

or SAY j/k, so we all don't think you're just a b*tch!

dvdpiddy

Splendid
Feb 3, 2006

It's weird, everytime you post something senseless, and get called on

it, you use the "i was joking" excuse. Pretty lame "out", if you ask me.

Word of advice: If you're "joking", use a wink, or big smile or something,

or SAY j/k, so we all don't think you're just a b*tch! Dude your a dumbass!