Task bar active-programs-buttons missing after sp2

September 17, 2004 9:03:40 AM

After installing XP SP2 my taskbar no longer displays the
buttons showing the active programs. I have tried turning
all toolbars on and off (strangely, when all toolbars are
off the taskbar goes down to only take up a few pixels at
the bottom of the screen, kind of like whey you use auto-
hide, except it does not come up again unless I activate
a toolbar again), also, I've tried unchecking and
checking "group related buttons" option, all to no avail.
Restarted too, of course. At the moment I can only switch
between programs using the Task Manager. Everything else
seems okay. Any ideas how to get my active programs
buttons back?
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 12:02:52 PM

I have same problem after installing some software...
Still running SP1... Let me know if anyone responds.
I have posted similar question at the "general" section.
Thanks
November 26, 2004 5:25:03 PM

When I open Task Manager, none of the tabs (applications, processes, etc.)
are their, and neither is the title bar or the close, minimize, and maximize
buttons. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
November 26, 2004 7:34:51 PM

Open Task Manager and double-click anywhere on the top Window border.
Somehow, you managed to convert Task Manager to run in "Tiny Footprint Mode".

Task Manager Menu Bar and Tabs Are Not Visible in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314227&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Jay" wrote:

| When I open Task Manager, none of the tabs (applications, processes, etc.)
| are their, and neither is the title bar or the close, minimize, and maximize
| buttons. Does anyone know how to fix this?
April 28, 2012 5:44:28 AM

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Many Many Thanks my problem is Solve.....................

:bounce:  Irfan :bounce:

Quote:

!