Sign in with
Your question

ATI Catalyst Control Center: 2 Displays

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 13, 2006 9:41:02 PM

I have the X1800XT and I have a 50" Sony LCD HDTV. I am wondering if using both monitors if they can have seperate settings. Right now the LCD TV looks great but the LCD monitor looks dumb because you have to "scroll" to see the far left or far right. Everytime I change the screen resolution it changes both. Right not the LCD TV is set to 1776X1000 at 30 hz refresh rate.
May 13, 2006 9:56:33 PM

I'm not sure if you can set different resolutions for each display.
May 13, 2006 10:19:05 PM

if you are cloning them they will be the same resolution. If you have it set up as a dual monitor, make your primary the smaller of the two so that the desktop space will be the smaller one, and the larger one will just stretch stuff.
Related resources
May 14, 2006 12:59:37 AM

Quote:
if you are cloning them they will be the same resolution. If you have it set up as a dual monitor, make your primary the smaller of the two so that the desktop space will be the smaller one, and the larger one will just stretch stuff.

unfortunate.y IU don;t ssee anything that give me the option to select dual monituirs. inly clone.
May 14, 2006 2:13:17 AM

Under display manager, right click the tv and select expan main onto this display, then apply, now you can set different res/color depths on both. If you go under video, theater mode, set both to full screen, it will play videos on the tv in full screen and still let you do other stuff on the main display.
May 14, 2006 12:44:18 PM

nope. didn't work. All that did was give a tiny piece of realestate to my big TV but the monitor was still at 1780X1000.
May 14, 2006 1:38:52 PM

I used to be able to run TV and monitor at seperate resolutions on my 9200....

I did it by going into display properties and extending my Windows desktop onto screen 2 (the TV) and then setting the resolution by clicking on display 2 and changing it normally.
May 14, 2006 3:56:04 PM

it's not working like that and I have the latest catalyst control center too.
May 14, 2006 4:00:02 PM

So you're running the TV with a DVI output, not SVID?
May 14, 2006 5:03:42 PM

Yeah, not sure how it works with a tv on dvi, but then it would be considered a monitor not a tv so it should be even easier to adjust, I have one machine with a primary monitor and a tv on svideo, and another with two monitors and both let me change the resolution the same way. Check device manager and make sure everything is being detected correctly. Otherwise you might want to remove catalyst, and use the ati removal tool as well, and reinstall everything again, without the tv plugged in, then shut down and plug it in and reboot. Next option may be to email ati on the subject.
May 14, 2006 5:10:12 PM

i don't know what svid is, but basically my card has two outputs . . both DVI. One goes to my monitor and the other to the LCD 50" TV.
!