Lexmark Z22 Alignment Issues

Hi all, I'm hoping someone might have some advice or can point me in
the right direction. I have a Z22 color inkjet printer, which I just
started using again after several months of not using it. Now, I've
installed new cartridges, but when I try to do the alignment, all three
of the horizontal alignment tests (A, C and D, that is) are horribly
off... the best choice is off by more than a millimeter. When I try
test printing various pages, I get a ghosting kind of effect. I cannot
seem to fix the alignment any better than the "best of the worst" from
the alignment page.

Any ideas?

Thank you very much in advance,
timm1980

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

In article <1109342108.203365.293970@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, timm1980
@gmail.com says...
> Hi all, I'm hoping someone might have some advice or can point me in
> the right direction. I have a Z22 color inkjet printer, which I just
> started using again after several months of not using it. Now, I've
> installed new cartridges, but when I try to do the alignment, all three
> of the horizontal alignment tests (A, C and D, that is) are horribly
> off... the best choice is off by more than a millimeter. When I try
> test printing various pages, I get a ghosting kind of effect. I cannot
> seem to fix the alignment any better than the "best of the worst" from
> the alignment page.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thank you very much in advance,
> timm1980

There are NO Lexmark inkjer printers that are worth the time and bother to do
anything with them other than carry them to the trashcan, dustbin, or
dumpster, whichever you use in your area.

If you just paid for a new print catridge for the Lexmark, I feel your pain.

I dont intend this to be an insult, I simply would HATE to think you wasted
one more penny or one more minute on the myth that Lexmark actually makes
printers.

--
Larry Lynch
Mystic, Ct.

"timmac" <timm1980@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all, I'm hoping someone might have some advice or can point me in
> the right direction. I have a Z22 color inkjet printer, which I just
> started using again after several months of not using it. Now, I've
> installed new cartridges, but when I try to do the alignment, all three
> of the horizontal alignment tests (A, C and D, that is) are horribly
> off... the best choice is off by more than a millimeter. When I try
> test printing various pages, I get a ghosting kind of effect. I cannot
> seem to fix the alignment any better than the "best of the worst" from
> the alignment page.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thank you very much in advance,
> timm1980

I'm guessing the drive belt has gone slack or stiff with it standing -
probably by now it has a permanent kink in it that would cause symptoms like
that. Does that printer have a plastic positional strip behind the head
carriage? (it looks dark grey from a distance and close up has alternating
black and clear strips) - Dust on that can cause alignment problems too.

But at the end of the day, its a Lexmark, its not worth spending much time
on it - they aren't worth it.