BABYtel Asterisk settings

Last response: in Networking
Share
December 7, 2004 1:46:47 PM

Has Anyone been able to get asterisk to work with this VOIP provider.

It works good from a sipura 2000 behind nat. but unable to get it to
work on asterisk. I enter the nat.babytel.ca into my /etc/hosts

not sure if I entered it right on the hosts file....
(here is what I have in there)

----------------------
127.0.0.1 box localhost
nat.babytel.ca

# (added automatically by netbase upgrade)

::1 ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
fe00::0 ip6-localnet
ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
ff02::3 ip6-allhosts

-----------------------

now my settings in sip for babytel are
I had Free world dial working but now unable to not sure so they are
commented out!

I have tryed Nat=yes I have tryed adding the port anyone?
------------------------
[general]
externip=xx.xxx.xxx.xxx
localnet=192.168.0.101/255.255.255.0
context = from-sip

disallow=all ; Disallow all codecs
allow=gsm
allow=ilbc
;allow=ima-adpcm
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
allow=g729
allow=g726
allow=g723.1

;register=xxxxx:secret@fwd.pulver.com/xxxxx
;register=xxxxx:secret@fwd.pulver.com/xxxxx
register=1416xxxxxxx:secret@sip.babytel.ca:5065/2201

[fwd]
type=friend
secret=secret
username=xxxxx
host=fwd.pulver.com
dtmfmode=inband
nat=no
[babytel]
context=default
type=friend
insecure=very
dmtfmode=inband
secret=secret
username=1416xxxxxxx ; Authent user for outbound proxies
fromuser=1416xxxxxxx ; Many SIP providers require this!
fromdomain=sip.babytel.ca ; Ncessaire!! :)
host=sip.babytel.ca
port=5065
nat=no
canreinvite=no
; line 1
[2201]
type=friend
host=dynamic
context=home
secret=secret
callerid="SPA1" <2201>
mailbox=2201
dtmfmode=rfc2833
nat=no
; line 2
[2202]
type=friend
host=dynamic
context=home
secret=secret
callerid="SPA2" <2202>
mailbox=2202
dtmfmode=rfc2833
nat=no
----------------------------
December 8, 2004 1:02:42 PM

ahh G... I did'nt read the
http://ip.bourget.cc:8080/wiki/babyTEL_20and_20Asterisk
or
http://www.sherman.ca/archives/2004/08/19/babytel-and-a...
propperly.

/etc/hosts did't seem right in here.. silly me..

its like this
-----------------my-/etc/hosts-file---
127.0.0.1 box localhost
216.18.125.7 sip.babytel.ca

# (added automatically by netbase upgrade)

::1 ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
fe00::0 ip6-localnet
ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
ff02::3 ip6-allhosts

I don't get errors anymore..

any one have any othere Asterisk canadian friendly Providers they
would like to share?

!