Which Thermaltake Full Tower Case to Buy?

kava

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2004
Dear Fourm Members,

This is my first post :D , ok i'm going to buy a Case and i'm confused which case to buy since there are many out there, and now i have decided to buy a Thermaltake Full Tower case and i have chosen 4 but i need only one so hope you can help me out by giving me opion about it.

below are the link to the cases

1) http://www.thermaltake.com/product/Chassis/fulltower/armor/va8003bws.asp

2) http://www.thermaltake.com/product/Chassis/fulltower/kandalf/va9003bws.asp

3) http://www.thermaltake.com/product/Chassis/fulltower/shark/va7000bwa.asp

4) http://www.thermaltake.com/product/Chassis/fulltower/tai-chi/vb5001sna.asp ( i now this is way out to compare with the three above but hope this also have some advantage and disadvantage)

my mian aim is to get the case which has the best cooling system and have room for updates, the machine i'm going to make out of it will be used for Mobile Phone Unlocking.

please do let me know. and it will be great if you give me a link to a better Case than above "Brand".

Best Regards,
Nischal Ram
director@fijikava.com.fj

pengwin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
they are all good

the kandalf is a good looking armor, the armor will serve u fine as long as u order the 25cm fan upgrade kit.. it adds a huge fan to ur sidepanel.

the taichi is the best but also very pricey

rHy0

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2006
Yeah i have a Thermaltake Armor and i have to say its amazing! its my favorite part of my rig :) Excellent airflow, cooling, System idles 32C, CPU-28C and GPU-41/42C! I agree with Pengwin, get the Armor over the Kandalf as your just paying extra for looks. You wont be dissapointed 8)

clue69less

Splendid
Mar 2, 2006

I don't know much about mobile phone unlocking so I don't know the specific needs. Have you had a close up look at the Armor and the Kandalf? They are very large cases. There is now a Armor Jr. available if you don't need the size. I have an armor and like it but have 4HDs (with 2 more planned) and have 2 opticals and a fan controller. I know of techs that hate the shark because of all the sharp edges.

rHy0

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2006
Well i dont have much experience with watercooling products so i wouldnt really be the right person to ask but i can definately confirm that the Armor is prepared very well for a watercooled setup and you shouldnt have any problems.

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
I have the Kandalf and it's basically the same as the Armor with the difference of it's door designs. It pretty nice and spacious and it's avialable with full alumimun as well. This is by far the best case I have owned. P

kava

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2004
it looks awsome, i already ordered the Armo, but still bit confiused about the water cooling.

i also want to install the HDD Cooling system for my 4 HDD and can't figure out the pipe running.

i have to make a drawing first. hahaha

and i like the pic of your system.

Is watercooling system greater than the Normal?

and what cooling system did you use for your system?

Best Regards,
Nischal

czar1020

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2006
HD cooling isnt worth it just a waste of money, if you got the armor case and use the cage that came w/it for the HD's, you will have a 12cm fan blowing right over it. and if you use the hd cage in the rear it has a 9 cm fan on it. All you need for the water cooling is a cpu,gpu block mabye double rad if doing both.

bweir

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
I've got the Shark and I like it. One thing however, the side panel is an open grate, allowing plenty of airflow, but increasing the amount of ambient noise the room coming from the fans inside the PC. If you are going watercooled it would be much quieter, though not completely silent.

kava

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2004
HD cooling isnt worth it just a waste of money, if you got the armor case and use the cage that came w/it for the HD's, you will have a 12cm fan blowing right over it. and if you use the hd cage in the rear it has a 9 cm fan on it. All you need for the water cooling is a cpu,gpu block mabye double rad if doing both.

Thank you for your advice, i think i will not buy this HDD Cooling, can you explame me about this Double Rad.

I've got the Shark and I like it. One thing however, the side panel is an open grate, allowing plenty of airflow, but increasing the amount of ambient noise the room coming from the fans inside the PC. If you are going watercooled it would be much quieter, though not completely silent.

Hoping to get even slint than what i have this moment, and i will use this water cooling system though it is very expensive and i could only Find one company having to ship the products to Fiji Islands (Where i live)

Thank you for your advice. i will be getting this by next week and i will post pictures as i put them together.

Best Regards,
Nischal Ram

czar1020

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2006
All i mean by double rad is using two radiators, either 2 seperate 12 cm rad's or one "double rad". Usually if using 2 seperate rad's you can put in line after the pump and the other before the pump. just depends on how you wanna do it. Also money can play a factor.

example of what i mean by single and double.

Single rad

Double rad

kava

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2004
ok after one month or so i have got what i wanted'

i have bought the Thermaltake Full Tower Armor

and also i have got the new intel Board, that is D975XBX.

BELOW IS THE PICTRUES OF THE PC

http://www.fijikava.com.fj/pc

i now the pictures are not so good, i took them with this V3i, but not good enough.

i will post more as i get.

just need some advice';

which RAM is the best, like which Brand, i'm getting this EXTREME DUAL CORE 3.46 1066 BX n by next week, coz the supply don't have it in stock, have to make special order to get it.

and also about water cooling system, is there and special barnd for it, please do send me the best water cooling system name

Best Regards,
Nischal Ram

pengwin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
i believe the best liquid cooling money can buy would be Asetek, but affordable but good cooling would be Koolance.

i would wait out on buying a P4 get something cheap when Conroe hits grab a conroe.

czar1020

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2006
I believe the best liquid cooling money can buy would be Asetek, but affordable but good cooling would be Koolance.

i would wait out on buying a P4 get something cheap when Conroe hits grab a conroe.

I would have to agree with him. Danger Den is also a good brand. Just depends on what your wanting to do.

Ram most stick with corsair, ususally no problems with overclocking. But you'll pay for the name.

I have to be different....i like the way the Shark looks....and it also would seem to have decent air flow...(and free air for pci/agp/pci-e cards via the vent). When i saw the thread....all i thought was Shark.

EDIT
Armor – WOW FAN!!!!!

kava

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2004
Dear M8's,

ok here is the three Brand i'm intrested in buying, i have no idea which one is the best, i wanted to know which one gives the most proformance.

1) Aquastar
2) Danger Den
3) SweftTech

please let me know and also if any other brand are better than please do mestion

Best Regards,
Nischal Ram

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
I got the Aquastar AS3000 with extra Thermaltake Aquabay radiator.

I got two of them:

CPU (Pentium D 840): Aquastar AS3000 with two Thermaltake Aquabay rad.

GPU (2x7800GTX): Aquastar AS3000 with one Thermaltake Aqaubay rad.

I them separate since my cpu is overclocked form 3.2 to 3.840Ghz(20%) with 1.4vcore. Anyways I got 33c on idle and 38c in full load on 30c ambient room temp.

As for the gpu's (2x7800GTX) overclock from 460 to 500. Idling at 37c and full load of 45c running with either BF2, FEAR or Oblivion at high settings.

You have to have the extra radiator for this cooler since by itself won't be able to cool down cpu with overclocking. One thing that I don't like about this pump is it doesnt have a powerful flow. You need to get expensive pumps if you want more flow. As for my total water cooling I've spent $275 for all 2xAS300 and 3 extra rad. Im really happy with the separate cooling unit for cpu and gpus.

Also did some mod on the case. I painted the inside UV reactive clear blue paint and the outside with plain blue with reflective clear finish. As for the door I got a plexi glass and cut to size to just snuggly fit to the case ans painted it as well.

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
Dear M8's,

ok here is the three Brand i'm intrested in buying, i have no idea which one is the best, i wanted to know which one gives the most proformance.

1) Aquastar
2) Danger Den
3) SweftTech

please let me know and also if any other brand are better than please do mestion

Best Regards,
Nischal Ram

Obviously the Aquastar does not compare to both Danger Den and Swiftech. If you want high performance then get the Swiftech pump high flow industrial grade pump and Danger Den cooling blocks its the best components you can buy out there and they cost a fortune as well. :wink:

urian

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2004
Dear M8's,

1) Aquastar
2) Danger Den
3) SweftTech

Best Regards,
Nischal Ram

DD and Swiftech are the two brands you'll want to look at here. I'd reccomend, depending on your budgeta Swiftech MCP655 (ca $70) or an Iwaki MD20RZ (ca $180) pump and for blocks Swiftech Storm or Apogee (ca $70-100 IIRC). The Iwaki pump is a bit over the top price but so is it's performance.