The Aircraft i fly

matty

Hi,

Someone said before About the lack on info in My posts makes people
helpless, I will expalin as fully as i can now:

I have some Add-Ons for Flight Simulator 2002 e.g Abacus Express

Unlike the set of Aircraft that is provided originally by Flight
Simulator there is no symbol where you can view the Flight planner,
Does anyone know what keys will view the planner?

What exactly does the spacebar activate in the Cockpit?

Does Auto-Pillot Master Switch work everything by itself e.g a climb,
sometimes when i enable it, it fails could it be something to do with
the speed?

Can Anyone give me the keys that control the rudder to Taxi the
Aircraft from the Runway?

When My Aircraft go down the Runway to take off they don't seem to stay
in a Straight Line Is it because of the speed again or the Joystick is
needed to make some wheel ajustments?

Thanks

Matty wrote:
> Unlike the set of Aircraft that is provided originally by Flight
> Simulator there is no symbol where you can view the Flight planner,
> Does anyone know what keys will view the planner?

Alt-F-P, I believe. It activates the menu item.

> What exactly does the spacebar activate in the Cockpit?

Nothing.

> Does Auto-Pillot Master Switch work everything by itself e.g a climb,
> sometimes when i enable it, it fails could it be something to do with
> the speed?

No. It only turns on the AP. You must choose another setting (for
climbing you want ALT) and you must set the altitude you want the plane
to climb to.

> Can Anyone give me the keys that control the rudder to Taxi the
> Aircraft from the Runway?

They are on the number pad: 0 and Enter, 5 will center the rudder.

> When My Aircraft go down the Runway to take off they don't seem to stay
> in a Straight Line Is it because of the speed again or the Joystick is
> needed to make some wheel ajustments?

You normally will need to make small adjustments with the 0 and Enter keys.

Hope this helps,

Tom Gibson

Cal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

Cal Classic Alco Page: http://www.calclassic.com/alco

Freeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.com

"Matty" <Matty@forums.simradar.com> wrote in message

>...Does Auto-Pillot Master Switch work everything by itself e.g a climb,
> sometimes when i enable it, it fails could it be something to do with
> the speed? ...

It seems from your other posts you are having lots of trouble with the
autopilot, so let me give you a quick tutorial just on the autopilot. Let's
take off from San Francisco runway 28L in the 737, and say after takeoff we
want to fly heading 360 at 6,000 feet altitude. On the ground, before
takeoff I have to make some settings to the autopilot (these are all in the
numbers in the little windows in the autopilot console on the panel). I set
the airspeed to 250, set the heading to 360, set the vertical speed to 4200
feet per minute (this varies greatly by aircraft, anything from 1800 to 3600
might be normal for an airliner), and set the altitude to 6000. I also arm
the autothrottle at this time. Now I press the buttons for heading hold and
altitude hold (this automatically turns on the flight director, the two
magenta lines on the artificial horizon). Now I takeoff as usual, raise
the gear, maintain runway heading and adjust my pitch to maintain airspeed
at 175 or so, and now I engage the autopilot by pressing the autopilot
master switch. I also activate the autothrottle by pressing the airspeed
hold button. The plane should turn to 360, continue climbing at 4200 feet
per minute, and level off at 6,000 feet and 250 knots.

The important steps are to first set the numbers you want, then engage
altitude hold and heading hold (or the other hold options) and then engage
the autopilot master switch. Hope this helps...

-Gary Letona

"Gary L." <noone@123.net> wrote in message

> "Matty" <Matty@forums.simradar.com> wrote in message
>>
>>...Does Auto-Pillot Master Switch work everything by itself e.g a climb,
>> sometimes when i enable it, it fails could it be something to do with
>> the speed? ...
>
> It seems from your other posts you are having lots of trouble with the
> autopilot, so let me give you a quick tutorial just on the autopilot. ...

One more thing, in the older versions of FS when you turn on the autopilot
the wings would level and it would hold current heading. This is *not* true
of the default autopilot in FS2004. So if you've seen other information
about this make sure it is info about 2004.