Sign in with
Your question
Closed

How to promote some software?

Tags:
Last response: in Work & Education
August 24, 2010 8:19:04 AM

Hello, everyone!
My job is major in the promotion of software. I have done this job for quite a time but still feel confuse in how to promote the software well.
I have try to promote it by twitter, facebook and also yahoo answers.
But I still can't get good result.
Do you guys have any good idea?
I really hope to do this job well.

Thanks for any suggestions.

More about : promote software

August 24, 2010 12:44:00 PM

You might start by having software that is actually useful. Then you might actually give away free samples to the right places, and then you might pay for some advertisement instead of trying to spam it every free place you can think of.
August 25, 2010 3:24:02 AM

daship said:
You might start by having software that is actually useful. Then you might actually give away free samples to the right places, and then you might pay for some advertisement instead of trying to spam it every free place you can think of.

I don't like spamming and it always gets a bad reputation.
Thanks for your suggestions.
Related resources
August 27, 2010 2:18:00 PM

Paying for ads and giving away free (limited expiry date) licenses is a good start.

There are a number of sites which specifically focus on assisting programmers who are trying to sell their product (usually small programs / utilities) by listing them.

Look at Majorgeeks for a start goodtom.

August 30, 2010 7:35:32 AM

Reynod said:
Paying for ads and giving away free (limited expiry date) licenses is a good start.

There are a number of sites which specifically focus on assisting programmers who are trying to sell their product (usually small programs / utilities) by listing them.

Look at Majorgeeks for a start goodtom.

Thanks Reynod. :) 
August 30, 2010 1:44:15 PM

If your working for winpst you may to seek permission from Joe (our community manager) to keep your signature ... unless your a very active poster who helps out lots of users ??

August 30, 2010 2:06:58 PM

If you'd like, send me a private message and I'll have someone with our Partner Spaces program get in contact with you if you might be interested in advertising here on Tom's.
!