Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Macbook Pro (High-Res Screen?)

Last response: in Mac Os X
April 27, 2010 6:05:07 PM

I will soon buy a Macbook Pro 15" with a core i7. I am somewhat in doubt whether I should buy a High-resolution screen or just normal? I would highly prefer the glossy screen though, I dont really want the matte/anti-glare one . So do you think that the high-res glossy screen on the 15-inch MacBook Pro is worth the money, if it increases the performance or just the experience or whatever you would call it and whether it is better than just a normal glossy screen?

I realize that the text becomes a little smaller with the high-res screen but I don't have such bad eyes ;) , I need the computer for gaming, using Bootcamp ofcourse, also edit some video's on iMovie, some Photoshop, watch movies / video's on, study, etc.

Thank a lot in advance!

- Adio

Best solution

April 27, 2010 6:42:07 PM

1) The text doesn't just become smaller on a high res screen, it also becomes noticably sharper.
2) Considering that all the things you are planning to do are fairly visually intensive, it does make sense to go for a high res screen. It comes at a premium, but is def worth it. So go for it.
April 27, 2010 7:00:59 PM

ksampanna said:
1) The text doesn't just become smaller on a high res screen, it also becomes noticably sharper.
2) Considering that all the things you are planning to do are fairly visually intensive, it does make sense to go for a high res screen. It comes at a premium, but is def worth it. So go for it.

Thanks a lot man, "sharper" that is positive right? Also, do you have any idea if it would be "annoying" for my eyes to look at it, as it is a glossy screen? It might be a more personal question but yeah.
m
l
Related resources
May 2, 2010 2:42:22 AM

word of warning about the Core-i7 apple uses, its the i7-620m, which is only a dual core

btw a higher res screen will look a lot better

if you want a 15" 1080P screen, i know a few notebooks that have them (and one that is LED backlit)
m
l
May 2, 2010 2:56:52 AM

I have ordered the Macbook Pro 15" with High-res + Glossy screen, thanks guys!
m
l
May 18, 2010 11:39:44 AM

i hate glossy, it reflects everything even your face
m
l
July 8, 2010 4:51:39 AM

Best answer selected by buwish.
m
l
Anonymous
July 8, 2010 3:24:58 PM