Am I wrong?

G

When I say that a professional review should be unbiased? I've read your disgusting Xbox review... That one where "PS2" appeared more than "Xbox". It's a shame that you compared technologically two machines that were released with more than an year of difference. Even then, although it's has much less power than the almighty Xbox, PS2 still tops the sales, because, as you said in the review, the consumer of console video-games isn't looking for hardware specs, they are much more focused on games. As long Sony and it's third parties deliver higher quality games than Microsoft and pals, PS2 will be the winner. And Game Cube, which was conveniently forgotten in your review probably because it's power is comparable to Xbox's, has a very strong wave of games coming (Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil), and brings new technologies, like the much faster 1T-SRAM. Now that Nintendo dropped the expensive and innefective cartridge system, third parties will look for develop games for the cube and with it's affordable price point, it can become a quite powerful contender for the best system.
History tells that the best technology is no success warranty. Anyone remembers the intellivision? It was much more powerful that the Atari 2600. Who won this battle? The one with better software library, Atari. More recently we saw the birth and death of DreamCast. It's power never threatened the PS1 supremacy.

OldBear

Splendid
Sep 14, 2001
You might be confused about how to contact THG concerning reviews.
Please send to address below. This is the forum.

<A HREF="mailto:comment@tomshardware.com <comment@tomshardware.com>">comment@tomshardware.com <comment@tomshardware.com></A>

:smile: <font color=blue><b>You get what you pay for...all advice here is free.</b></font color=blue> :smile: