Incompatible software with SP2

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I've read about SP2 and it appears to be an incompatible list of programs.
I've tried to find the list but can't find it. Where is it ??

I'm not sure of any list, however, each software program should list what
operating systems it works with, eg just about all MS software (games,office,
ect) work with all MS operatings systems that come after them.
Rho_1r(VIP)

Eric wrote:
> I've read about SP2 and it appears to be an incompatible list of programs.
> I've tried to find the list but can't find it. Where is it ??

Programs that are known to experience a loss of functionality when they
run on a Windows XP Service Pack 2-based computer
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=884130

Some programs seem to stop working after you install Windows XP Service
Pack 2
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=842242
--
Tom Porterfield
MS-MVP MCE

Go to http:\\support.Microsoft.com and search for knowledge base article
842242 'some programs seem to stop working after you install windows xp
service pack 2' This gives you a list of software that currently has a
problem - including some of Microsoft's own. Obviously patches for the
software should be released by the relevant manufacturer's so, just because
they don't work now, doesn't mean they never will work with sp2

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert