Bluetooth web browsing

November 5, 2004 1:57:09 AM

How does this work? Is it a full-fledged system, or does it really go
through the host PC's internet connection? I have a LAN / Router / Cable
Modem system and am thinking of picking up a BT dongle. What will that
give me?

More about : bluetooth web browsing

Anonymous
November 5, 2004 5:11:32 PM

IF you're using a USB dongle on your computer then you'll use ICS (Internet
Connection Sharing) to allow your PDA to access the Internet through your
computer. Of course it depends on what PDA we're talking about. In the worst
case you can connect ActiveSync over Bluetooth and still access the Internet
that way - but slower because ActiveSync uses more bandwidth.

Also, you have to wrroy about your current configuration. ICS requires a
special address (192.168.0.1) and if it's not available then you can either
use Bridge (Windows XP) or install a third part program (NAT32).

Check our Bluetooth Guides (link below) for full instructions.

!