any way to identify calls forwarded from a VOIP #?

I am curious if there are any residential voip providers that have a
feature that will identify in caller id calls that are forwarded.

I.e. Someone calls my voip phone which is multiringing to my cell
phone. On my cell I would like to see that they are calling my voip
phone..

Anyone that does this?
Voicepulse does not afaik(I am using them now).

Thanks

John M
3 answers Last reply
More about identify calls forwarded voip

    I don't know.. But I found out if I use the call transfer.. The number
    who I put on hold is showing up on transfer ID.. I can connect two
    enemys together and it appears on the caller ID as if one person
    called the other.. Strange.. haha

    Greg wrote:

    > I don't know.. But I found out if I use the call transfer.. The number
    > who I put on hold is showing up on transfer ID.. I can connect two
    > enemys together and it appears on the caller ID as if one person
    > called the other.. Strange.. haha

    What you did is called "third party calling" and it makes sense: the first
    one you called sees your caller id; the first one you called also sees
    the second caller's id - of course you're supposed to introduce them to
    each other ...

    > On 12 Dec 2004 22:39:06 -0800, john@munsey.net wrote:
    >

    >>I am curious if there are any residential voip providers that have a
    >>feature that will identify in caller id calls that are forwarded.
    >>
    >>I.e. Someone calls my voip phone which is multiringing to my cell
    >>phone. On my cell I would like to see that they are calling my voip
    >>phone..
    >>
    >>Anyone that does this?
    >>Voicepulse does not afaik(I am using them now).
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>
    >>John M

    John,
    The specific feature you're talking about would have work with the
    cell phone provider and mobile. If you're with Cingular, I've noticed
    that the Sony Ericsson T-637 (the camera phone) briefly displays
    "forwarded call" when being hit with an incoming call that is
    forwarded. this probably isn't very useful since you'd have to be
    looking at the cell display the moment the call hits you--otherwise,
    it disappears and presents itself like a normal call.

    You're pretty much otta luck on that feature working for a cell being
    the recipient of the call.

    Jon W.

    On 12 Dec 2004 22:39:06 -0800, john@munsey.net wrote:

    >I am curious if there are any residential voip providers that have a
    >feature that will identify in caller id calls that are forwarded.
    >
    >I.e. Someone calls my voip phone which is multiringing to my cell
    >phone. On my cell I would like to see that they are calling my voip
    >phone..
    >
    >Anyone that does this?
    >Voicepulse does not afaik(I am using them now).
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >John M

VPN Phones VoIP IP Networking