Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

any way to identify calls forwarded from a VOIP #?

Last response: in Networking
Share
December 13, 2004 1:39:06 AM

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

I am curious if there are any residential voip providers that have a
feature that will identify in caller id calls that are forwarded.

I.e. Someone calls my voip phone which is multiringing to my cell
phone. On my cell I would like to see that they are calling my voip
phone..

Anyone that does this?
Voicepulse does not afaik(I am using them now).

Thanks

John M
January 10, 2005 8:02:02 AM

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

I don't know.. But I found out if I use the call transfer.. The number
who I put on hold is showing up on transfer ID.. I can connect two
enemys together and it appears on the caller ID as if one person
called the other.. Strange.. haha



On 12 Dec 2004 22:39:06 -0800, john@munsey.net wrote:

>I am curious if there are any residential voip providers that have a
>feature that will identify in caller id calls that are forwarded.
>
>I.e. Someone calls my voip phone which is multiringing to my cell
>phone. On my cell I would like to see that they are calling my voip
>phone..
>
>Anyone that does this?
>Voicepulse does not afaik(I am using them now).
>
>Thanks
>
>John M
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 1:09:19 PM

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

Greg wrote:

> I don't know.. But I found out if I use the call transfer.. The number
> who I put on hold is showing up on transfer ID.. I can connect two
> enemys together and it appears on the caller ID as if one person
> called the other.. Strange.. haha

What you did is called "third party calling" and it makes sense: the first
one you called sees your caller id; the first one you called also sees
the second caller's id - of course you're supposed to introduce them to
each other ...


> On 12 Dec 2004 22:39:06 -0800, john@munsey.net wrote:
>
>
>>I am curious if there are any residential voip providers that have a
>>feature that will identify in caller id calls that are forwarded.
>>
>>I.e. Someone calls my voip phone which is multiringing to my cell
>>phone. On my cell I would like to see that they are calling my voip
>>phone..
>>
>>Anyone that does this?
>>Voicepulse does not afaik(I am using them now).
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>John M
>
>
Anonymous
January 14, 2005 7:55:19 PM

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

John,
The specific feature you're talking about would have work with the
cell phone provider and mobile. If you're with Cingular, I've noticed
that the Sony Ericsson T-637 (the camera phone) briefly displays
"forwarded call" when being hit with an incoming call that is
forwarded. this probably isn't very useful since you'd have to be
looking at the cell display the moment the call hits you--otherwise,
it disappears and presents itself like a normal call.

You're pretty much otta luck on that feature working for a cell being
the recipient of the call.

Jon W.


On 12 Dec 2004 22:39:06 -0800, john@munsey.net wrote:

>I am curious if there are any residential voip providers that have a
>feature that will identify in caller id calls that are forwarded.
>
>I.e. Someone calls my voip phone which is multiringing to my cell
>phone. On my cell I would like to see that they are calling my voip
>phone..
>
>Anyone that does this?
>Voicepulse does not afaik(I am using them now).
>
>Thanks
>
>John M
!