I have just recently started having a blank popup that will not go away.
There is no text in it, only a square box with the red 'x' that doesn't get
rid of it. I have to reboot XP to get rid of it.
Most recently, the popup reappeared while I was reading an email. There
seems to be no rhyme nor reason to why it appears.
Has anyone encountered this little pest?

Hi

Have you virus checked your system with the latest definitions for your AV
program?

Please try the following programs to check for any spyware that might be on
your system:

Ad-Aware - www.lavasoftusa.com
Spybot - http://www.safer-networking.org/
CWShredder -http://forum.aumha.org/downloads/cwshredder.zip