Lexmark Z708

Hello Group.
13 months ago with my new computer I received free a Lexmark Z708.
I never used it until a week ago by which time the guarantee had ran out.
I set it up as per the instruction manual.
Then got the message the carriage is jammed.
The carriage is not jammed it moves quite freely.
I have installed it on two other laptops and another computer and
get the same message every time.
Can any one tell me what's wrong or offer any advice.
TIA
John

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 22:59:29 +0000 (UTC), "Metal Oxide"
<AccroxR@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hello Group.
>13 months ago with my new computer I received free a Lexmark Z708.
>I never used it until a week ago by which time the guarantee had ran out.
>I set it up as per the instruction manual.
>Then got the message the carriage is jammed.
>The carriage is not jammed it moves quite freely.
>I have installed it on two other laptops and another computer and
>get the same message every time.
>Can any one tell me what's wrong or offer any advice.

Yes. It's a Lexmark. Buy a printer that works. Anything from HP, Epson
or Canon would be an incredible improvement.

--

Hecate - The Real One
Hecate@newsguy.com

It like the difference between writing a book with a quill and ink as
opposed to a Gutenberg press.