Sign in with
Your question

Replace windows 7 to xp

Last response: in Windows 7
April 20, 2011 6:07:46 PM

I have a new laptop with windows 7 installed on it. I would like to replace it with Windows XP. How do I take off one and put on the other?

More about : replace windows

April 20, 2011 6:21:14 PM

Save your important files and then set your CD/DVD drive to boot first (this setting in your BIOS at computer startup) and pop in your Windows XP disc and then follow the instructiones.
m
l
a b D Laptop
a c 233 $ Windows 7
April 20, 2011 7:02:44 PM

Why switch to an OS that will be end of lifed in 3 years. Currently, other than security updates, there will be no more updates or tech support available for XP.
m
l
Related resources
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
April 20, 2011 7:10:38 PM

doive1231 said:
Save your important files and then set your CD/DVD drive to boot first (this setting in your BIOS at computer startup) and pop in your Windows XP disc and then follow the instructiones.

Sure, it might go just that easy, but many times laptops have special hardware which require special drivers not included in XP. If can be very difficult to find XP drivers for such things as track pads, shortcut keys, bluetooth adapters, docking stations, and power controls. And if you do not add power control your battery life will be greatly reduced.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
April 20, 2011 7:11:52 PM

Gerry Gray said:
I have a new laptop with windows 7 installed on it. I would like to replace it with Windows XP. How do I take off one and put on the other?

Why would you do something moronic like that?
m
l
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
April 20, 2011 7:42:44 PM

geekapproved said:
Why would you do something moronic like that?

Sure, why waste time reasoning with the guy when you can just slap him upside the head! :pfff: 

OK, so now I am the one being harsh...My excuse is three grown children! :pt1cable: 
m
l
!