I Resign... Im leaving Tomshardware Forum...

GreenJelly

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
I havent been on this site as much as I use to be. I really like to help out people, but these forums are under moderated and the flame, attacks and trolls rule here. Instead of showing people compassion and solutions for their mistakes and problems, people here ridicule and put you down.

People here rip apart individuals without concern of the topic or the person who is offering/asking for help. There are dozens of examples of this.

Its really to bad that people have lost so much compassion for people who struggle through a build or a computer problem.

As for a more friendlier environment, I would recommend you going to http://www.ocforums.com if you want to help out. I will be there allot, continuing to do my best to help people .

For moderators who might read this, please fix these issuesame. I will be welcome to come back and help out even more if the forum moderators stopped people from engaging in such angry and malicous responses. This place has the opportunity to be a friendly place that could help allot of people, and could be fun for us.

Instead we have been loosing some of the best people available (such as Wusy) and as more of the people who care leave. Thoose left will be the mean and insulting people.

Eventually people will stop referencing these forums as a place to get help from, and the TomsHardware website and forums will fall in Google Rank.

Just my opinion, and concern. I will pray for the angry individuals that are quickly filling these forums. I hope you all work to grow, and become individuals with strong moral and ethical behavior.

God Bless You Guys, and I am sorry it has come to this.
Mike

GreenJelly

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
I will also be on

Offering help on High end speakers and audio setups.
http://forums.audioholics.com

Looking for new MPEG2 encoding, and helping others (not on too much)
http://www.doom9.org

Developing and offering support (starting in a January; after a year leave)
http://www.postnuke.com/

Currently Looking for Firmware help
http://forum.rpc1.org

I hope to see you there, and I will always try to help you If I can. Or maybe you will help me:)

Mike

GreenJelly

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
People here rip apart individuals without concern of the topic or the person who is offering/asking for help. There are dozens of examples of this.
We only rip when there is a really stupid topic posted, or when someone says something stupid.

yep... and thats the problem...

BigMac

Splendid
Nov 25, 2003
Moderation on these forums is done by volunteers. If you notice the amount of traffic on these forums and if you know how many moderators there are then you'd understand that there is only so much that the moderators can do. However all abuse reports are dealt with, as promptly as we can. Active moderation without being prompted by abuse reports is a hazardeous undertaking because even though some people may get the impression that participants in a thread are quarrelling, the participants themselves may simply consider it a "debate". Personally I haven't seen any abuse reports from yourself but I'm not a global forum mod, so if you haven't been posting in my sections I don't get those.

It is how things are run on the THG forums. I respect your decision and I apologize if you feel personally wronged by this but this is how things are and I do not foresee any substantial changes in the near future. We'll see how this particular signal is interpreted and dealt with.

There is a careful balance between having too few and too many mods, but I'll see if we can improve on that by initiating a discussion on that issue.

GreenJelly

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
Like I said...

Harassment, clear and simple.

I never have ANY problems with harrassments or conflicts on any of the forums I listed. You can go to the forums and look up my ID. Its the same as it is here "GreenJelly".

When I make a mistake, or have a problem, I post it so others can learn from it. I am upfront and straight forward. I have posted problems with my hardware, then tried different things to fix it. When I get them fixed (sometimes weeks later) I return to the forums that I announced the problem and I tell them of my experiance.

If I have a problem from a company and when I learn that a company is not doing a good job I tell people about it. I also tell people when a company does a great job. I feel this is an important message that many people dont do. Pride prevents them from posting bad mistakes or bad products that they buy. I feel that my personal experiances can educate thoose who are on forums giving advice. This allows them to give better advice in the future. However, people dont take these experiances and learn. Instead they tear me apart for making the mistake in the first place.

The shear number of products available make it impossible to choose products of great value (lower costing items that perform like more expensive products). It is important for me to learn what products are good and which ones are bad.

People may take my approach however they want to. However when something gets done (positive or negative), I tell people how I went about the process and disclose the information.

I am sorry for people like the one above, who feel it is ok to call people names. These people poision these forums, and are pushing honest people who want to help others away.

Mike

Edit: I am going to finish answering the questions I started, but I am no longer going to answer any fresh questions.

GreenJelly

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
Your exactly the type of person I would ban. More name calling, and more rediculous statements. Im just not going to go into details with you why I respond to questions the way I do...

Its nice that we are having this conversation in a thread the moderator will be watching. That way he can see the behavior of people and why I am leaving. Your making a great example of why Im leaving.

All we need next is Clue69less to step up and start his jabber. Then this will once again be like so many other threads. I answer a question, then someone comes in and adds to the topic, then Clue69less, you or another few people step in, hijack the thread and turn it into a flame war. I try real hard to avoid these situations, but you and Clue69less seek them out. You guys enjoy flaming people, and I am sorry for you.

Check this out... I think it applies to you
Borderline Personality Disorder
Symptoms

A person who suffers from this disorder has labile interpersonal relationships characterized by instability. This pattern of interacting with others has persisted for years and is usually closely related to the person's self-image and early social interactions. The pattern is present in a variety of settings (e.g., not just at work or home) and often is accompanied by a similar lability (fluctuating back and forth, sometimes in a quick manner) in a person's affect, or feelings. Relationships and the person's affect may often be characterized as being shallow. A person with this disorder may also exhibit impulsive behaviors and exhibit a majority of the following symptoms:

frantic efforts to avoid real or imagined abandonment.
a pattern of unstable and intense interpersonal relationships characterized by alternating between extremes of idealization and devaluation
identity disturbance: markedly and persistently unstable self-image or sense of self
impulsivity in at least two areas that are potentially self-damaging (e.g., spending, sex, substance abuse, reckless driving, binge eating)
recurrent suicidal behavior, gestures, or threats, or self-mutilating behavior
affective instability due to a marked reactivity of mood (e.g., intense episodic dysphoria, irritability, or anxiety usually lasting a few hours and only rarely more than a few days)
chronic feelings of emptiness
inappropriate, intense anger or difficulty controlling anger (e.g., frequent displays of temper, constant anger, recurrent physical fights)
transient, stress-related paranoid ideation or severe dissociative symptoms
You should see a doctor...[/list][/quote]

GreenJelly

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
you're obviously an attention whore, 3 times now you said you weren't coming back... yet here we are

You keep talking, and I reply. Is it important that you have the last word? That you make sure you insult me before I go, thinking that it will make you look or feel big?

I'll let you have the last word if it will make you feel better...

Personally, the more I respond, the more the moderator can see what happens in these conversations. Its always the same, I respond to a comment made about me in a cool and calm manor. This leads to another derogitory comment, which I again respond in a calm and cool manor, and this goes on, and on, and on, and on...

It only stops when I stop responding... You, Clue69less and a few others have to keep going... no mater what... Ive never seen you guys walk away from a discussion where you get heated.

Granted I lost my temper once, in one of the last posts I made... First time since Ive been here. As for my reason to respond, I think that was made clear in this post, and the above post, where I said that I will continue to help people in posts that I already am subscribed too.

You clearly need some help, so I am responding, I recommend you go see a doctor for paranoia and depression. You may also have a personality disorder. I feel bad that you are suffering from Mental Illness, but from every statement youve made, Ive noticed a general line-up of symptoms that you continue to display.

Mike

CHEEZball

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
I try real hard to avoid these situations, but you and Clue69less seek them out. You guys enjoy flaming people, and I am sorry for you.

I'm prolly the only one here who DOESN'T flame people. Get some facts straight and do some research before you go pointing fingers.

You keep talking... Is it important that you have the last word?

I'll let you if it will make you feel better...

No, it's just that I find you so ridiculous I can't help it!

If you want to REALLY experience what it's like to be flamed, go to the other and take a wander around with your lovey stories of alcoholism and god, and how you enjoy sucking neweggs dick for free stuff.

GreenJelly

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
If you want to REALLY experience what it's like to be flamed, go to the other and take a wander around with your lovey stories of alcoholism and god, and how you enjoy sucking neweggs dick for free stuff.

Yep, no flaming here...

Again, seek mental help. I say this with all due respect. You should and can live a better life. I am also sorry for you that you lack spirituality. However I dont dislike you for these things you say and do. I only feel compassion, and see that you are a sick person. I hope that you might see this and that you may take some of my advice.

I am sorry that you hate people who beleive in a God. I used to hate "religous" people too. I was Athiest, and I hated God, and anyone who talked about God. The irony was that this hatrid was my problem and not their's. Your hatrid of me because I beleive in God is your problem and not mine.

As for beign an Alchoolic, I was a drinker, and I got and am sober. I am one of the few people in this world that get sober. Most live their lives and deny any problem, only to live horrible lives. So enjoy making comments about it, but I am proud of who I am and what I have overcome. Its more then Ive heard you say.

BTW; I am not religous, I am spiritual. I am not Christian, Muslim, Jewish, etc. I just beleive their is a reason to life.

CHEEZball

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
wow... nice editting on your above posts..

Again, seek mental help. I say this with all due respect. You should and can live a better life. I am also sorry for you that you lack spirituality. However I dont dislike you for these things you say and do. I only feel compassion, and see that you are a sick person. I hope that you might see this and that you may take some of my advice.

You know NOTHING about my life. How dare you tell me this. I am a very happy person! If you didn't spam stupid crap in the beginning, perhaps we could have a better relationship and you would know this. But no. You posted some stupid things and I posted some comments. And that is all you judged me off of. Go do some homework bub.

I am sorry that you hate people who beleive in a God. I used to hate "religous" people too. I was Athiest, and I hated God, and anyone who talked about God. The irony was that this hatrid was my problem and not their's. Your hatrid of me because I beleive in God is your problem and not mine.

Who said I hated religious people? My god you like to put strong words into other peoples mouths and twist them into your scewed view. You're basing this off one post where you came to a computer forum out of nowhere and posted your life story. 1. it sounds like a spammer! 2. it was in the wrong forum. 3. that's an attention whore. I gave you the attention you crave. You just don't know what to do with it.

As for beign an Alchoolic, I was a drinker, and I got and am sober. I am one of the few people in this world that get sober. Most live their lives and deny any problem, only to live horrible lives. So enjoy making comments about it, but I am proud of who I am and what I have overcome. Its more then Ive heard you say.

I did make a comment, I believe you missed it, as I erased it later on. Feel free to PM me if you would like to know how alcohol has affected my life!

You are NOT mister super special because you became sober. There are millions who have, not just a few. Get off your high horse mister.

I'd also like to make note of this, mister "oh mod! save me! theyre flaming me for no reason!"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:59 am Post subject: Re: I Resign... Im leaving Tomshardware Forum...
CHEEZball wrote:
you're obviously an attention whore, 3 times now you said you weren't coming back... yet here we are

You keep talking, and I reply. Is it important that you have the last word? That you make sure you insult me before I go, thinking that it will make you look or feel big?

I'll let you have the last word if it will make you feel better...

Personally, the more I respond, the more the moderator can see what happens in these conversations. Its always the same, I respond to a comment made about me in a cool and calm manor. This leads to another derogitory comment, which I again respond in a calm and cool manor, and this goes on, and on, and on, and on...

You clearly need some help, so I am responding, I recommend you go see a doctor for paranoia and depression. You may also have a personality disorder. I feel bad that you are suffering from Mental Illness, but from every statement youve made, Ive noticed a general line-up of symptoms that you continue to display.

Your exactly the type of person I would ban. More name calling, and more rediculous statements. Im just not going to go into details with you why I respond to questions the way I do...

I try real hard to avoid these situations, but you and Clue69less seek them out. You guys enjoy flaming people, and I am sorry for you.

Check this out... I think it applies to you
Quote:
Borderline Personality Disorder
Symptoms

I am sorry for people like the one above, who feel it is ok to call people names. These people poision these forums, and are pushing honest people who want to help others away.

All that shit you posted! ARE FLAMES!

OMG! OMG!

Fuckin Hypocrite.

GreenJelly

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
I didnt edit it... you said exactly what I quoted... just cause you edit it, or some forum monitor does, doesnt mean you didnt say it...

In fact you have flamed me so much in this post that you prove my point.

As far as you beign a happy person, maybe you should then act differently

Lastly I didnt air my business to everyone, I posted a forum asking if anyone knew Bill W. I just wanted to meet people who read what he and Doctor Bob wrote. I was hope'n to meet some people who liked computers and have the same things as me.

Mike

BigMac

Splendid
Nov 25, 2003
I didnt edit it... you said exactly what I quoted... just cause you edit it, or some forum monitor does, doesnt mean you didnt say it...

When you edit your post, it shows at the bottom. Check out your posts and those of Cheezball, I guess that resolves that then.

I think we can conclude that this topic is over. Best of luck.

L1qu1d

Splendid
Sep 29, 2007
I think this post was very pointless and does not affect any of our lives as posters. You aren't a Moderator, your not an Admin and you're not a major community contributor. From what posts I've seen that you put up, it seems the only skill your transmitting is bitching and moaning.

Your getting abused from coming out so strong with your negative feedback. Your also trash talking a site that many people fine useful.

Another thing I think that if you were to approach your posts from less of "screeching" style of typing to a more fluent and calm advice post, you would've attract a very stable and promising thread.

You sir are a king sized whiner, you're trying to speak to public about an issue, you need to learn to deal with the criticism and not pounce on the other person for sharing their own opinion.

MadHacker

Distinguished
May 20, 2006
greenjelly

I myself have learned to read only what is important...
and from this thread... I have read that you are leaving... and your not happy...
the rest... is "very pointless"

for those that you have helped they may thanks you...
for those that you have irritated... they are happy to see you go...

overall difference in this forum... is zero

have a nice day...

mrmessma

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
Wow this has made my day all in all. I don't want to point fingers, but I think between the two of them they made their points, but only by their own posts... a little self condemning neh?

And now I suppose I am flaming?

jessedorland

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008

This is my first time in this TH forums. My 1st post is obviously is a complain regarding site's design. Anyway, regarding you leaving these Forums. I would say just don't take these things seriously, cause they are not worth it.

Take me for example; I use Linux, Windows, and Mac. I don't take sides that alone give some people a reason to be a troll & childish.