Internet Explorer 10 Preview Coming to Windows 7 Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardguy

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
If it can match Chrome speeds, I MIGHT give it chance.

Every time I inadvertently open up IE9 I always notice right away how slow it is compared to Chrome. There's just no compelling reason to use IE.

greghome

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
All these hate for IE,
for your information, IE 9 is actually a better browser than Opera and Safari

I have a thing for red heads :p

Pherule

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2010
[citation][nom]beardguy[/nom]If it can match Chrome speeds, I MIGHT give it chance. Every time I inadvertently open up IE9 I always notice right away how slow it is compared to Chrome. There's just no compelling reason to use IE.[/citation]
If Chrome could match Opera's speeds I might give it a chance.

Oh no wait, nevermind, Chrome steals your data and updates itself without your permission. Use Comodo Dragon, not Chrome, if you want a fast-ist webkit browser.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]beardguy[/nom]If it can match Chrome speeds, I MIGHT give it chance. Every time I inadvertently open up IE9 I always notice right away how slow it is compared to Chrome. There's just no compelling reason to use IE.[/citation]

i have it as default so that if i do open something i know right were it is. instead of somwhere in my tabbed chrome.

deepblue08

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2012
Everyone loves beating a dead horse (IE6-9)... I don't know if you guys have win8 installed yet, but I can tell you that IE10, is probably 2-3x faster than IE9. I have yet to see direct comparison with Chrome and FF, but I have a feeling the race just got tighter.

djscribbles

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
[citation][nom]Cats_Paw[/nom]When you hear IE, you think of a granma. When you hear firefox you think a hot readhead. When you hear Chrome... yeah, i've never met a girl...[/citation]

Fixed ;)

Branden

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
i hear one of the improvements IE 10 will have over previous versions is it will be able to download the firefox and chrome installers 20% faster! woohoo!

msgun98

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
I for one don't care about speed. I care about compatibility. I care that Microsoft has been so slow to be 100% compliant with W3C standards, web programmers have to waste a ton of time writing exceptions for Microsoft's crap platform. If IE10 will display pages the same way Chrome, Firefox, Opera, etc. do... I'm fine with it regardless of speed.

hannibal

Distinguished
Yes the compability is big issue. I have many problems in work, because IE does not work correctly when rendering some pages and some funtionality does not work like adjusting the text boxes etc...

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]hannibal[/nom]Yes the compability is big issue? I have many problems in work, because IE does not work correcly when rendering some pages and sme funtionality does not work like adjusting the text boxes etc...[/citation]
And in other parts of the world only IE is used as some websites do not load up properly on alternates, welcome to the wide world of more than the 20 or so websites that you personally browse

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]msgun98[/nom]I for one don't care about speed. I care about compatibility. I care that Microsoft has been so slow to be 100% compliant with W3C standards, web programmers have to waste a ton of time writing exceptions for Microsoft's crap platform. If IE10 will display pages the same way Chrome, Firefox, Opera, etc. do... I'm fine with it regardless of speed.[/citation]

And there are some websites that will ONLY work with IE8 or lower...

alextheblue

Distinguished
[citation][nom]Cats_Paw[/nom]When you hear IE, you think of a granma. When you hear firefox you think a hot readhead. When you hear Chrome... yeah, i never met a girl that could match chrome...[/citation]Clearly you've never played Shadowrun.

Status
Not open for further replies.