DVI no-signal under 1024?

HourofDarkness

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
okay guys, i have this really wierd problem here.
built my pc around 3 months ago, not a very good one, but works.

using a 6200 AGP, and my power supply used to be a powerman 350W that came with the case, well i changed it to a modstream 450W for future upgrade, but after that the DVI output stopped working for resolutions under 1024. 1024 and 1280 works fine. i am able to get 640 and 800 to work a few times, but most of the time its just black screen with "no signal" sign.

since i have a LCD with both DVI and VGA, i hooked both cable from my graphics card to the LCD. well VGA works fine, but DVI still doesnt work. there's a slight lag or loose of frame in the dvi connection as well.

right now i have my vid card running "clone" mode, and priority is DVI, so whenever i play games the LCD switches to VGA mode.

anyone have the same problem here? is it the cable, or does it have something to do with the power supply. the power's a lot cleaner now for sure, but might "amp overflow" be the problem? or is it just my cable or LCD?

Jebazor

Distinguished
May 15, 2006
I haven't heard of this problem before, but it could just be a problem with your video card. If you know someone who has a similar card or one with dvi , see if your monitor works with it or see if their card works with your motherboard and monitor.

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
I'm assuming that you've tried this with just one, either dvi or analog, hooked up and the other removed right? Doesn't make sense to have them both hooked up to me but...

I can't really see how this is a PSU issue unless your vid card wasn't getting enough power but you bought a bigger better one so...

HourofDarkness

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
no i hooked both cable from my video card to my monitor, with the monitor displaying only one. that way i can switch without unplugging my cables.

im thinking maybe its the cable's fault, coz the cable came with my monitor, and looks like its bad quality. the sometimes-on-sometimes-off resolution thing might wire connection problem, and 1024+ resolution maybe not using tha wire or can operate without that signal.