Input=ESC/P2; Output=tiff... Any drivers/software?

David

Not sure where to ask this...

Just like Ghostscript takes Postscript code and outputs to modern
devices I need a GhostEscp2 to take Epson ESC/P2 codes (inc. graphics)
so I can output to modern devices - print preview and to supported
printers..

Is there program that takes as input Epson ESC/P2 codes and prints to a
Windows printer or print preview?
or...
Is there program that takes as input Epson ESC/P2 codes and prints to a
Unix CUPS printer?

Is there a utility that will take ESC/P2 printer input and save to a
graphic file instead of actual printer?

THANKS FOR ANY REPLIES.

p.s. My source for the ESC/P2 are old retroware/retro-computing
software and the data will be coming out of 8-bit system emulators. I
am hoping programs like xtrs (linux) and TRS32 (Windows XP) could use
this driver.

Alan

On 27 Feb 2005 03:47:28 -0800, david@lowrez.tv wrote:

>Not sure where to ask this...
>
>Just like Ghostscript takes Postscript code and outputs to modern
>devices I need a GhostEscp2 to take Epson ESC/P2 codes (inc. graphics)
>so I can output to modern devices - print preview and to supported
>printers..
>
>Is there program that takes as input Epson ESC/P2 codes and prints to a
>Windows printer or print preview?
>or...
>Is there program that takes as input Epson ESC/P2 codes and prints to a
>Unix CUPS printer?
>
>Is there a utility that will take ESC/P2 printer input and save to a
>graphic file instead of actual printer?
>
>THANKS FOR ANY REPLIES.
>
>p.s. My source for the ESC/P2 are old retroware/retro-computing
>software and the data will be coming out of 8-bit system emulators. I
>am hoping programs like xtrs (linux) and TRS32 (Windows XP) could use
>this driver.

I came across this <http://www.dsbglobal.com/dosprinter/>, which
converts Epson to WMF.

You might also try this
<http://www.landfield.com/software/comp.sources.misc/packages/epsonps/>
which converts Epson to PS.

Haven't used either so can't say how well they work.

TRENDING THREADS