XP system environment variables list

%systemroot%
%homedrive%

for example
anyone have a complete list
I looked forever in the knowledge database and could not
find them. I'm just trying to get Explorer to open on My
computer rather than My Documents.

I never tried this before. Please cc dalemcc@yahoo.com if
it doesn't already do this. Thanks, Dale

This is a peer to peer support group and questions and answers are posted
for the benefit of all. Users generally do not send responses to posted
e-mail addresses as often such posts are a ruse by spammers to find active
e-mail addresses.

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking when you state you want Explorer to
open instead of My Documents. If you mean you want to create a shortcut to
Windows Explorer, the following path will do it and will open with the C
drive expanded:
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe /e

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

"Dale" <dalemcc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> %systemroot%
> %homedrive%
>
> for example
> anyone have a complete list
> I looked forever in the knowledge database and could not
> find them. I'm just trying to get Explorer to open on My
> computer rather than My Documents.
>
> I never tried this before. Please cc dalemcc@yahoo.com if
> it doesn't already do this. Thanks, Dale

To get a list of system variables, open a command window (Start->Run: cmd)
and type set

--
Tumppi
Reply to group