Reply Notification Bug

DwarfN

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2006
so... I've got mail from no_reply@tomshardware.com saying:

"You are receiving this email because you are watching the topic, "Europe International Shipping" at Tom's Hardware Guide Community. This topic has received a reply since your last visit. You can use the following link to view the replies made, no more notifications will be sent until you visit the topic."

Its weird cuz the sender is no_reply@tomshardware.com while the text says just opposite... (actually there were no replies made) Probably a bug.

fishmahn

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2004
I don't understand the issue. :?:

The email address is no_reply@... because if you want to reply to that email... don't. There's nothing there to monitor that account.

Mike.

keyser

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2005
I have the same thing, since 2 weeks I get these VERY annoying e-mails.
Everytime a look at a topic I get these e-mails.

How can I turn it off?
WHO turned this on?

fishmahn

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2004
It's on by default when you register for the Forumz. Go into your profile to turn it off. You can also turn it off or on for individual topics when you reply to the topic.

Mike.

DwarfN

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2006
ok the name of email address is clear now, but the real issue is that there was NO reply given to the topic while the mail notified me that there IS a reply........

fishmahn

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2004
Don't know. I turned off notifications almost right away, so I don't use it.

Maybe someone replied, then deleted it. That would trigger a notification, but when you check the thread, there's no reply since it was deleted?

Or it could be a bug. I'm inclined to believe a deleted reply.

Mike.