Does java runs on i3 processor with windows7

abhi_41

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011
iam using laptop with i3 processor with windows7 operating system.iam facing problem while i installing java.so does java run on this(i3 processor with windows7 operating system)or not?or is their any supporting softwares to overcome this problem.replysoon

Supermuncher85

Distinguished
Java is about as platform independent as can be. To run java programs you should only require the Java runtime http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp . You might need administrator privileges to install it (though I'm not sure).

If you want to compile java programs on the other hand you will need the java JDK. Once that is installed you can either use an IDE like netbeans, or if for some reason you want to be cruel to yourself, notepad, to write your own programs.

Run the installer as an administrator if you're having trouble installing Java. The whole point of Java is that Java code can run on just about any CPU that has the Java VM ported to it. Of course this makes Java somewhat inefficient on more complex CPUs, but anyway.... Yeah, you just need to properly install Java.