Which phone adaptor for BroadVoice?

Hi,

I'm considering signing up with broadVoice. I used to be a Vonage
subscriber and still have my old Cisco ATA. During the BroadVoice
signup process, they allow use of your own adaptor including the Cisco,
but they also offer two other possibilities, BroadVoice telephone
adaptor, and BroadVoice WiSIP. Are there any advantages to going with a
newer adaptor and if so, what are the differences between the regular
"BroadVoice adaptor" and the WiSIP?

TIA,

--Al
2 answers Last reply
More about which phone adaptor broadvoice

    I wonder if someone can explain what all this stuff means? What is a WiSIP?
    What is a BroadVoice or Cisco adapter?

    JB <jbrandonbbremove@hotmail.com> wrote:
    > I wonder if someone can explain what all this stuff means? What is a WiSIP?
    > What is a BroadVoice or Cisco adapter?

    WiSIP is a sort of cordless VoIP phone that uses wifi. The idea is that you
    can subscribe to a VoIP service, configure the phone for it, and then make
    and receive calls from anywhere you can access a wifi signal (well, one that
    doesn't require you to log in via a web interface...).

    The consensus seems to be that the phone is not very good. Here's one person
    who didn't like it:

    http://slacker.com/~nugget/asterisk3.php

    Broadvoice (www.broadvoice.com) is a VoIP service that provides some pretty
    competitive packages and works with a wide range of equipment.

    Cisco makes IP phones as well as adapters (such as the ATA-186) that will
    turn an ordinary phone into an IP phone.

    miguel
    --
    Hit The Road! Photos from 32 countries on 5 continents: http://travel.u.nu

VPN Phones Cisco Networking