Epson Stylus Colour 300

We cannot get this printer to print in colour, no drivers available
for XP on the Epson website? Any help please?

On 27 Feb 2005 13:18:36 -0500 dreamronnie wrote:

> We cannot get this printer to print in colour, no drivers available
> for XP on the Epson website? Any help please?

Right, Epson doesn't provide XP drivers for those older printers. There
are, however, several driver sites which provide alternate drivers. Seach
for "epson 300 driver xp" (or similar) with Google.
It took me about an hour max. to find the right working drivers including
an instruction for installation for an old Epson 240 or so.

Good luck

--
Have a good day
M. Goerg

"Reminds me of my safari in Africa. Somebody forgot the corkscrew and for
several days we had to live on nothing but food and water."(W. C. Fields)

This is a problem with a goodly number of Epson and other brand
printers. They never wrote driver updates for XP. If there is a driver
available for WIN 2000, that will probably work with XP. If not, then
you may well be stuck with the in box drivers from XP, and often they do
not support color, as they are meant to be utilitarian, mainly for text
printing applications.

If this is the case, consider sending Epson a note of displeasure. Only
they will be able to resolve this, and only if their is enough consumer
pressure.

Art

dreamronnie wrote:

> We cannot get this printer to print in colour, no drivers available
> for XP on the Epson website? Any help please?

As far as I can determine, Epson is showing only a Win 95/ME/98 driver
on the website that this link points to, which will not help the person
who is running XP.

Art