Epson Stylus Colour 300

We cannot get this printer to print in colour, no drivers available
for XP on the Epson website? Any help please?
4 answers Last reply
More about epson stylus colour

    "dreamronnie" <ron@newports.freeserve.co-dot-uk.no-spam.invalid> wrote in
    message news:42220efc$1_1@alt.athenanews.com...

    http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=14431

    On 27 Feb 2005 13:18:36 -0500 dreamronnie wrote:

    > We cannot get this printer to print in colour, no drivers available
    > for XP on the Epson website? Any help please?

    Right, Epson doesn't provide XP drivers for those older printers. There
    are, however, several driver sites which provide alternate drivers. Seach
    for "epson 300 driver xp" (or similar) with Google.
    It took me about an hour max. to find the right working drivers including
    an instruction for installation for an old Epson 240 or so.

    Good luck

    --
    Have a good day
    M. Goerg

    "Reminds me of my safari in Africa. Somebody forgot the corkscrew and for
    several days we had to live on nothing but food and water."(W. C. Fields)

    This is a problem with a goodly number of Epson and other brand
    printers. They never wrote driver updates for XP. If there is a driver
    available for WIN 2000, that will probably work with XP. If not, then
    you may well be stuck with the in box drivers from XP, and often they do
    not support color, as they are meant to be utilitarian, mainly for text
    printing applications.

    If this is the case, consider sending Epson a note of displeasure. Only
    they will be able to resolve this, and only if their is enough consumer
    pressure.

    Art

    dreamronnie wrote:

    > We cannot get this printer to print in colour, no drivers available
    > for XP on the Epson website? Any help please?

    As far as I can determine, Epson is showing only a Win 95/ME/98 driver
    on the website that this link points to, which will not help the person
    who is running XP.

    Art

    Harvey wrote:

    > "dreamronnie" <ron@newports.freeserve.co-dot-uk.no-spam.invalid> wrote in
    > message news:42220efc$1_1@alt.athenanews.com...
    >
    >>We cannot get this printer to print in colour, no drivers available
    >>for XP on the Epson website? Any help please?
    >>

    > http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=14431

Printers Stylus Epson Windows XP Peripherals