Radeon 9000 driver for notebook

Titanion

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2002
What are some good drivers to try for a mobility 9000 notebook computer. It keeps freezing up.

I just downloaded rad_w2kxp_omega_38221_7z-[Guru3D.com]

What are some good drivers to try for a mobility 9000 notebook computer. It keeps freezing up.

I just downloaded rad_w2kxp_omega_38221_7z-[Guru3D.com]

I've found Omegas to not be so good for laptops. I loved them on my desktop but on the laptop they were very unstable.

You don't want to use the reference drivers?

Last month's reference drivers (6.4) some in a nice ControlPanel package if you don't like the bloat of Control Panel.

I find the reference drivers with AtiTrayTool to be the best choice for me.

Scougs

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
For a Radeon 9000 mobile, I would reccomend either downloading Readeon moble drivers from the ATI website or looking on your laptop manufacturer's website. Not just any driver will work properly with a mobile Radeon.

Titanion

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2002
I looked at that 6.4 mobile ATI driver, and it was only for 9600 and up. This card is a 9000, and I do not think the notebook manufacturer has updated a driver in a long while. So where do I go?

Scougs

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
I would either go with the manufacturer's newest driver or take a chance and see if the newest Radeon mobile drivers work even if it isn't listed. You could also try to email ATI and see what they say.

The board has an SiS AGP chipset driver... I am not talking about the ATI driver.

I think the SIS driver is for the Motherboard (ie the chipset AGP compatability driver for the MoBo).

I'll tell you where to get the latest standard ATi mobile drivers without the Very-FuK-Eh-Shun tool if you promise not to show it to anyone else :twisted:

Or you can just follow this link, which is the same thing;

http://www.station-drivers.com/page/atidriv%20mobility.htm