AMD TO REVIVE MEGAHURTZ WAR

9-inch

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2006
According to our mole, AMD should be producing 65nm the chips just before the end of 2006 but all these will go the OEM way, with the existing Athlon 64 x2 models the first to benefit from the 65nm transition.

Codenamed Brisbane, they will be the first products to use Stress Memorization Technology and the third generation Strained Silicon Technology.

Ironically, AMD seems to be gunning for higher MHz, just like Intel not so long ago.

In addition, AMD has a clear-cut distinction between the Athlon and the Sempron market.

The first Athlon will be dual- or multi- core and the first Sempron, single core.

The first 65nm Sempron will come in somewhere around July 2007 and will carry the codename Sparta

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=31712

keen5336

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2006
though thats true, an athlon 64 running at 3 ghz is faster than one running at 2.6 ghz. With another generation of strained silicon and 65nm, a turbo version of their already well designed chip and a new platform might be their plan to compete for the next year an a half...

chiselmonkey

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2006
keyboard4.jpg

cooler_power

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2006
conroe or quad core? I am hell confused :evil:

I hear rumors say that intel and amd will launch their quad cores in q1 2007 but how true is this? Why intel launch conroe and then after some months launch quad cores??

keen5336

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2006
from what I understand they are going to release both close together because they aren't targeting the same market... I thought the quad cores ARE releasing, but they are going to be for servers, not desktops...

keen5336

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2006

gotta love these ppl that have a fetish with telling other ppl to turn off Caps lock.... who gives a ****. Can't you read a message written in caps? Geez.

gotta love the people that flame back at them to! :twisted:

k2000k

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
Jasonr. The issue with the all caps isnt necessarily about it being all caps. Before 9-inch posted a flurry of craspam in ONG ROXXOR INTEL EVIL EMPIRE LOZER AMD HAXXOR INTEL crap. I mean, look at the title of his post. He spelt megahertz wrong and he capitalized it. Making his already craptastic post just plain iritating.

9-inch: The definition of an idiot is someone who does the exact same thing multiple tmes and expects there to be a different result. Your first propoganda piece was laughed at and ridiculed, do you think you 1000th craspam post will be hailed any differently?

G

According to our mole, AMD should be producing 65nm the chips just before the end of 2006 but all these will go the OEM way, with the existing Athlon 64 x2 models the first to benefit from the 65nm transition.

Codenamed Brisbane, they will be the first products to use Stress Memorization Technology and the third generation Strained Silicon Technology.

Ironically, AMD seems to be gunning for higher MHz, just like Intel not so long ago.

In addition, AMD has a clear-cut distinction between the Athlon and the Sempron market.

The first Athlon will be dual- or multi- core and the first Sempron, single core.

The first 65nm Sempron will come in somewhere around July 2007 and will carry the codename Sparta

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=31712

Ohhh you make me wanna do something BAD. To YOU. Why don't you stupid jackasses STOP posting crap like that?

YES!

I AM ANGRY!

Everyday some new as**hole come around and posts about this shit noone knows about.

Seriously; I's gunna leave toms right now.

BYE

conroe or quad core? I am hell confused :evil:

I hear rumors say that intel and amd will launch their quad cores in q1 2007 but how true is this? Why intel launch conroe and then after some months launch quad cores??

Intel as of right now is reported to be releasing their quad core desktop chips (codenamed Kentsfield) in Q1 or Q2 of '07. However it will take longer for the prices to drop since they won't be as agressive about getting people to upgrade to Kentsfield like they did for the Smithfield and Presler core chips.

cooler_power

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2006
All those people that will buy conroes they will have to upgrade to quad cores from intel or amd in q2 2007 or later? Personaly i think that everyone that will buy a conroe will not upgrade again until early 2008. What do you think am i right?

TRENDING THREADS