Click on Start Button (slow)

Whenever I run my Windows XP it opens to desktop screen
OK, but firstly it automatically opens up My Documents.
And when I click the start button to say, Search or find
a folder it takes a very long time for anything to appear
on the screen. Is this a virus infection ??

Hi Kul,

No, not a virus, but possibly some spyware or some spyware that was recently
removed. This can be caused by leftovers from cleaning up spyware as well.
Try this:

Control Panel/Folder Options/View tab, uncheck the line "restore previous
folder windows at logon". Click apply/ok, do not reboot yet.

Start/run msconfig, on the general tab select the diagnostic mode. Click
apply/ok and reboot at prompted.

The folder should not show up now. Rerun msconfig, put the system back in
normal mode. Click apply/ok and reboot once more. Does this help? For most
users, this will resolve the issue.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/