Crackling Noise Sound with Radial Engines

homer

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I'm sure I can't be the only person with this annoyance, but whenever
I use a plane with a radial engine (excluding the DC3 that came with
FS9), I get a crackling noise throught the PC speakers,

I've moved all the appropriate setting in the FS Sound environment,
however can't get rid of it.

Has anyone found a cure?

Me too. The Cessna seems to be the worst in my stock. Dont know what
causes it. Have changed the sound quality to no avail. Also when I
upgraded my hardware on pc including motherboard with new onboard sound chip
still does it though not all the time. Suppose people with mostly say need
proper soundcard or updated drivers for sound.

Ibby

"Homer" <flhtcui@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> I'm sure I can't be the only person with this annoyance, but whenever
> I use a plane with a radial engine (excluding the DC3 that came with
> FS9), I get a crackling noise throught the PC speakers,
>
> I've moved all the appropriate setting in the FS Sound environment,
> however can't get rid of it.
>
> Has anyone found a cure?

Hi Lawn Dart,

You'll have to speak up, a little - I couldn't hear your reply.

Regards,
John Ward
"Lawn Dart" <willkayakforfoodREMOVE_THIS@gmx.net> wrote in message

If you're running Win XP, which you probably are and have a Soundblaster
Live 5.1 card this might be of interest. I had a similar problem which
affected some jet airliners. I then investigated my PC system and found that
Windows had installed Microsoft drivers for my sound card even though I had
thought I'd installed Creative's drivers. So I selected "update driver" in
Control Panel/System/Hardware tab/soundcard/driver, told Windows to search
my Creative disc and it then installed the proper Creative drivers. Problem
was instantly solved! Maybe this will help - I hope so. :0))

Iain

"Homer" <flhtcui@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> I'm sure I can't be the only person with this annoyance, but whenever
> I use a plane with a radial engine (excluding the DC3 that came with
> FS9), I get a crackling noise throught the PC speakers,
>
> I've moved all the appropriate setting in the FS Sound environment,
> however can't get rid of it.
>
> Has anyone found a cure?

thanks Iain I have same prob
Regards
Don
PS let the Aussies win the cricket please!!!.. they can't comprehend
losing.. and we have to wear the brunt of it down under!!