Canon i560 half page print

I have a new Dell Pentium 4 with Win XP Media center.
I download the XP driver from the CanonUSA site.

Now the printer prints a half page of text and then goes to the next
page to complete the rest of the document. This is true even on the
printer "test page".
The print queue shows the job still partially in the document.

I have now noticed that if I print multiple copies, the first print
does the half page print but subsequent pages print okay.

How did I get the print to work right?

Thanks

I would go to the Canon site and download the appropriate driver for
your operating system that Canon specified. Make sure you do an
uninstall before doing an install. After the uninstall reboot your
machine. Also make sure you have all service packs installed. Now take
it from there.

ballfour45@lycos.com wrote:

>I have a new Dell Pentium 4 with Win XP Media center.
>I download the XP driver from the CanonUSA site.
>
>Now the printer prints a half page of text and then goes to the next
>page to complete the rest of the document. This is true even on the
>printer "test page".
>The print queue shows the job still partially in the document.
>
>I have now noticed that if I print multiple copies, the first print
>does the half page print but subsequent pages print okay.
>
>How did I get the print to work right?
>
>Thanks

Okay, I did that.

The test page printed okay.
I printed a document and it went okay.
I printed the document again and it did the half page print.

For some reason, a print job is take a long time to prcoess thru the
queue. The print job can be done and yet it will show in the queue
still for over a minute after completion.
After that, it can be intermittent on the printing a document on a half
page and completing it on the next half page.

Thanks,
Ball Four