New application to front

Using Windows XP 5.1 SP1

I am suffering from a new applcation not appearing at the front of my
monitor.

I have NOT ticked the oprion:

"" Prevent application from stealing focus ""

Thanks,

Robin Chapple

Hi Robin

Which application is it? Is it a Windows app. or a 3rd party app.?

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 10:43:04 +1000, Robin Chapple wrote:

> Using Windows XP 5.1 SP1
>
> I am suffering from a new applcation not appearing at the front of my
> monitor.
>
> I have NOT ticked the oprion:
>
> "" Prevent application from stealing focus ""
>
> Thanks,

Robin, is it appearing at all? Look carefully after starting the program.
What happens? Does a new icon appear in the notification area (by the
clock)? If yes, double click on that. Does a taskbar button appear? If yes,
right click the button and choose restore. Should also check the properties
of the shortcut for the program to see if it is set for "Normal" window or
minimalized.

Also, you have not mentioned the name of the program. May want to do that.
Someone may recognize it/have it installed and can give you some pointers.
Another thing to try is to check the online tech support pages for the
program to see if this is a known issue with the program.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User