  • CD-Rom
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
August 13, 2005 6:35:07 PM

Im saving my downloads to a CD and taking the CD to another computer to
place the download at. Because that other computer has the Flight
Simulator on it. So Im wondering how to place a download from a CD to
the Simulator on a computer?

More about : downloading

August 14, 2005 11:57:51 AM

Just copy the downloaded files from the cd onto the flight sim computer,
install the plane and then delete the d/l file and any folders created
during the extraction if you want.

Bryan

"Flightborn" <Flightborn@forums.simradar.com> wrote in message
> Im saving my downloads to a CD and taking the CD to another computer to
> place the download at. Because that other computer has the Flight
> Simulator on it. So Im wondering how to place a download from a CD to
> the Simulator on a computer?

August 15, 2005 1:20:22 AM

Is the d/l file in a zip format? If so you will need winzip or other
extraction program installed on the second computer that holds you FS9. You
then start Winzip, click EXTRACT. It will ask you to which directory you
would like the extraction to be sent. You navigate to the C:\Program
files\Microsoft games\Flightsimulator 9. MAKE SURE YOU MARK, on Winzip
wizard, that you want to use File Names. If not a .zip format, repost and
let the group know what format or file name it is you wish to open.
Danny