Countdown to intel's new architecture.......................

qurious69ss

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2006
OK we got about a month until intel releases the woodcrest chips SOOOO......let the countdown begin. Oh and by the way... just got some info on woodcrest's FSB and it looks promising.....dedicated core bus and dedicated I/O...............

zarooch

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2006
OK we got about a month until intel releases the woodcrest chips SOOOO ...... let the countdown begin. Oh and by the way ... just got some info on woodcrest's FSB and it looks promising ..... dedicated core bus and dedicated I/O ...............

... are enough!

SexBomb

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2006
OK we got about a month until intel releases the woodcrest chips SOOOO ...... let the countdown begin. Oh and by the way ... just got some info on woodcrest's FSB and it looks promising ..... dedicated core bus and dedicated I/O ...............

... are enough!

Are you sure?

zarooch

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2006

... are enough!

Are you sure?

Any Doubts?

endyen

Splendid
Agreed. However many of the advantages to NUMA are aplication specific.
Bothe should do well for certain sectors.
In a way, it will be strange to see an Intel chip that is better for the scientific comunity.
I dont see either side having a clear advantage in the server segment, for a few months, unless you are talking more than 4 sockets.

gOJDO

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2006
AMD has enjoyed 2 or 3 years of success, with a great product, timed with a huge Intel screw up.
This is the part that fanboys can't realise in their world of illusions. Nothing and nobody is perfect. There would be much more faster chips with muuch more advanced technology in future. After 15 years, the Opterons that we have today will be just useless as much as the Xeons & the Itaniums.

K8MAN

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2005
The 2.4ghz one is looking nice. The EE will be insane. Too bad our new site is going online within 3 months otherwise we'd all get new DC conroe boxes rather than firestarters.