Access to Registry Editing

When I try to go to Start / Run / regedit, I get an error message
"Registry editing has been disabled by your administrator." Well, I'm
the only administrator, and I don't remember how or why I did this,
but I won't worry about it. However, it does prevent some applications
from installing correctly.

Can someone tell me how to re-enable registry editing?

Casey
3 answers Last reply
More about access registry editing

    http://www.dougknox.com/security/scripts_desc/regtools.htm
    You can download a script here for the Registry
    See also: www.dougknox.com, Win XP Utilities, Windows XP Security Console
    or
    Line 275: Lift Restrictions - Task Manager, Regedit and CMD

    Perhaps an online security/virus check
    Symantec
    http://security.norton.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym
    Trend Micro House Call:
    http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
    Panda ActiveScan;
    McAfee FreeScan:
    Kaspersky Labs On-line Virus Checker:
    BitDefender Online Scan:

    "Casey Donovan" <kcd@mylinuxisp.com> wrote in message
    > When I try to go to Start / Run / regedit, I get an error message
    > "Registry editing has been disabled by your administrator." Well, I'm
    > the only administrator, and I don't remember how or why I did this,
    > but I won't worry about it. However, it does prevent some applications
    > from installing correctly.
    >
    > Can someone tell me how to re-enable registry editing?
    >
    > Casey

    Thank you -- worked just fine. Now I can again play with the registry
    all I want. Yeah, on someone else's computer.

    Casey

    On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 13:15:17 +1000, "Taurarian"
    <taurarianREMOVECAPS@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >http://www.dougknox.com/security/scripts_desc/regtools.htm
    >You can download a script here for the Registry
    >See also: www.dougknox.com, Win XP Utilities, Windows XP Security Console
    >or
    >Line 275: Lift Restrictions - Task Manager, Regedit and CMD
    >http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
    >
    >Perhaps an online security/virus check
    >Symantec
    >http://security.norton.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym
    >Trend Micro House Call:
    >http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
    >Panda ActiveScan;
    >http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/com/activescan_principal.htm
    >McAfee FreeScan:
    >http://us.mcafee.com/root/mfs/default.asp
    >Kaspersky Labs On-line Virus Checker:
    >http://www.kaspersky.com/remoteviruschk.html
    >BitDefender Online Scan:
    >http://www.bitdefender.com/scan/licence.php
    >

    >"Casey Donovan" <kcd@mylinuxisp.com> wrote in message
    >> When I try to go to Start / Run / regedit, I get an error message
    >> "Registry editing has been disabled by your administrator." Well, I'm
    >> the only administrator, and I don't remember how or why I did this,
    >> but I won't worry about it. However, it does prevent some applications
    >> from installing correctly.
    >>
    >> Can someone tell me how to re-enable registry editing?
    >>
    >> Casey

    Glad it's working okay for you, Registry not a place to play as you know. LOL
    Kaylene

    > Thank you -- worked just fine. Now I can again play with the registry
    > all I want. Yeah, on someone else's computer.
    >
    > Casey

Registry Microsoft Windows XP