Access to Registry Editing

When I try to go to Start / Run / regedit, I get an error message
"Registry editing has been disabled by your administrator." Well, I'm
the only administrator, and I don't remember how or why I did this,
but I won't worry about it. However, it does prevent some applications
from installing correctly.

Can someone tell me how to re-enable registry editing?

Casey

http://www.dougknox.com/security/scripts_desc/regtools.htm
You can download a script here for the Registry
See also: www.dougknox.com, Win XP Utilities, Windows XP Security Console
or
Line 275: Lift Restrictions - Task Manager, Regedit and CMD

Perhaps an online security/virus check
Symantec
http://security.norton.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym
Trend Micro House Call:
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
Panda ActiveScan;
McAfee FreeScan:
Kaspersky Labs On-line Virus Checker:
BitDefender Online Scan:

"Casey Donovan" <kcd@mylinuxisp.com> wrote in message
> When I try to go to Start / Run / regedit, I get an error message
> "Registry editing has been disabled by your administrator." Well, I'm
> the only administrator, and I don't remember how or why I did this,
> but I won't worry about it. However, it does prevent some applications
> from installing correctly.
>
> Can someone tell me how to re-enable registry editing?
>
> Casey

Thank you -- worked just fine. Now I can again play with the registry
all I want. Yeah, on someone else's computer.

Casey

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 13:15:17 +1000, "Taurarian"
<taurarianREMOVECAPS@hotmail.com> wrote:

>http://www.dougknox.com/security/scripts_desc/regtools.htm
>You can download a script here for the Registry
>See also: www.dougknox.com, Win XP Utilities, Windows XP Security Console
>or
>Line 275: Lift Restrictions - Task Manager, Regedit and CMD
>http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
>
>Perhaps an online security/virus check
>Symantec
>http://security.norton.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym
>Trend Micro House Call:
>http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
>Panda ActiveScan;
>http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/com/activescan_principal.htm
>McAfee FreeScan:
>http://us.mcafee.com/root/mfs/default.asp
>Kaspersky Labs On-line Virus Checker:
>http://www.kaspersky.com/remoteviruschk.html
>BitDefender Online Scan:
>http://www.bitdefender.com/scan/licence.php
>

>"Casey Donovan" <kcd@mylinuxisp.com> wrote in message
>> When I try to go to Start / Run / regedit, I get an error message
>> "Registry editing has been disabled by your administrator." Well, I'm
>> the only administrator, and I don't remember how or why I did this,
>> but I won't worry about it. However, it does prevent some applications
>> from installing correctly.
>>
>> Can someone tell me how to re-enable registry editing?
>>
>> Casey

Glad it's working okay for you, Registry not a place to play as you know. LOL
Kaylene