Please suggest a good motherboard for Pentium D805

stackoverflow

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2004
Hello,

I am building a new system with Pentium D 805.
Please suggest a good motherboard.
I am not going to overclock it but I feel that at stock speeds the motherboard should give a good performance.

I have read that ASUS m/b with 945G have very poor memory performance.
Please suggest a good motherboard.

Pretty much any Asus board based on the 900 series Intel chipsets except those with the chipset you mentioned would be suitable for a PD 805. The higher end ones like the P5WD2-E Premium which uses the 975X chipset will give you more upgrade potential (ram... video... etc.) The Asus boards based on Nforce 4 chipsets also aren't bad. Only thing about the NF4's is that they tend not to like Maxtor SATA2 drives very much. If that hard drive you have is a Maxtor, all you'll have to do is contact them about a firmware update for the drive. In this senario, I heard nothing but good things about Maxtor's response time on getting the firmware to people that need it.

stackoverflow

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2004
Thanks for the reply.

I heard that the 945G chipset has certain issues. It can't address all the 4GB memory.
Also the board P5LD2-Vm Asus mobo has poor memory performance 40% slower than an intel 945G based mobo.
Is it true?

I am gonna use Hitachi SATA-II based HDD

Any idea about Intel D945GNT motherboard?

The problem is that I am in india and we have very few choicec for mobo, besides there is no online seller like newegg.

Rgds

stackoverflow

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2004
Hello all,

thanks a lot for all your help.
I am not getting the Gigabyte motherboard in india.
still searching, thinking of going for Intel D945GNTR.
will keep u posted.