disconnecting from Vonage

Jim

I don't have Vonage yet but wonder if Vonage charges extra upon
cancellation? What I mean is, is there any disconnection fees or
whatever they call it, on top of your normal monthly fee when ending
the service?

<jim> wrote in message news:n3vds0l6o0ola68rgu2ek3rop630st6i08@4ax.com...
> I don't have Vonage yet but wonder if Vonage charges extra upon
> cancellation? What I mean is, is there any disconnection fees or
> whatever they call it, on top of your normal monthly fee when ending
> the service?

Two things to remember..... SAVE THE BOX!!!!!

,,,,,,,and read the TOS:
http://www.vonage.com/features_terms_service.php

Pepperoni

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1.8 Return of Device
The Device may be returned to Vonage within fourteen (14) days of the
termination of Service to receive a credit for the $39.99 disconnect fee
($49.99 CAD) (refer to section 4.6 of this document regarding termination
fees), provided: (i) you have retained, and return along with the Device,
proof of purchase and original packaging; (ii) contents are undamaged and in
original condition, reasonable wear and tear excluded; (iii) all parts,
accessories, documentation and packaging materials are returned; and (iv)
equipment is returned with a valid return authorization number obtained from
Vonage's customer care department. You are responsible for the cost and
risk of return shipping of equipment. If you receive cartons and/or Devices
that are visibly damaged, you must note the damage on the carrier's freight
bill or receipt and keep a copy. In such event, you must keep the original
carton, all packing materials and parts intact in the same condition in
which they were received from the carrier and contact Vonage's customer care
department immediately. To obtain a return authorization number, you must
contact billing@vonage.com or 1-VONAGE-HELP. Does not apply to Vonage
Business Plus customers.
1.9 Number Transfer on Service Termination
Upon termination of the Service, Vonage may, at its sole discretion, release
a telephone number that was ported in from a previous service provider to
Vonage by you and used in connection with your Service provisioned by Vonage
to your new service provider, if such new service provider is able to accept
such number, and provided that (i) your account has been terminated; (ii)
your Vonage account is completely current including payment for all charges
and disconnect fees; and (iii) you request the transfer upon terminating
your account.
1.10 Service Distinctions
You acknowledge and understand that the Service is not a telephone service.
Important distinctions (some, but not necessarily all, of which are
described in this Agreement) exist between telephone service and the
enhanced Service offering provided by Vonage. The Service is subject to
different regulatory treatment than telephone service. This treatment may
limit or otherwise affect your rights of redress before Federal, State or
Provincial telecommunications regulatory agencies.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
..6 Disconnect Fee
Customer will be charged a disconnect fee of $39.99 ($49.99 CAD) per voice
line upon termination of Service for any reason or for convenience by
Customer. The disconnect fee becomes due and payable immediately upon
termination and will billed directly to Customer's credit card. If Customer
has multiple lines, Customer will be charged a disconnect fee of $39.99
($49.99 CAD) per line for each line disconnected. To receive a credit for
the disconnect fee, Customer must return the Device(s) undamaged and in
original condition within fourteen (14) days of termination as set forth in
Section 1.8. Vonage will not credit Customer if the Device(s) is damaged or
not in its original condition as received by the Customer or if Customer has
otherwise failed to comply fully with the requirements of Section 1.8. In
the event Customer disconnects multiple lines, Vonage will issue Customer a
credit for all disconnect fees upon receipt of all Devices (including
without limitation Multimedia Terminal Adapters) in accordance with this
Section and Section 1.8. Disconnect Fee does not apply to Business Plus
Customers.

Jim

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 12:38:48 -0500, "Pepperoni"
<wastebasketbot@hotmail.com> wrote:

><jim> wrote in message news:n3vds0l6o0ola68rgu2ek3rop630st6i08@4ax.com...
>> I don't have Vonage yet but wonder if Vonage charges extra upon
>> cancellation? What I mean is, is there any disconnection fees or
>> whatever they call it, on top of your normal monthly fee when ending
>> the service?
>
>Two things to remember..... SAVE THE BOX!!!!!
>

>,,,,,,,and read the TOS:
>http://www.vonage.com/features_terms_service.php
>
>Pepperoni

Thanks Pepperoni for the info. Good stuff to remember when and if the
situation arises.

OT, love that name... makes me want to eat some italian food (my
favorite from way back when).