CPU overheating what could I do to lower Temp...?

TiniBigz

Distinguished
May 15, 2006
My CPU has been overheating and I really dont know what I can do to make the Temp. go down..... My computer restarts often....(More often in WOW damn it I really want to play) Thx for all the help guys....

My CPU has been overheating and I really dont know what I can do to make the Temp. go down..... My computer restarts often....(More often in WOW damn it I really want to play) Thx for all the help guys....

A bucket of ice water should fix your overheating problems... Permanently.

You should list your parts and brand/model if you bought one of those assembly line PCs.

The quick solution is to take off the side panel. While you're at it look for signs of dust. If it's an old PC, then that could be your problem.

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
Remember to post your computer specs and your Case fans and basically every thing that could make it easyer for us to point out what we can do to help. Best soultion is to get a upgrade on your CPUFAN and maybe or most likely you should get a new CPUfan/heatsink deal from your computer enthuasist store. and maybe get a few Turbine style fans if you can fit them inside

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1286699&CatId=802
yeah! i hope this some awsome stuff. cuse i can't fit them in my 80mm fan vents

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
Another thing to do is make sure you have a decent power supply. They can make a huge difference in temps. Also cheesy PS's when they get hot put out less power wich can cause reboots and crashes.

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
Yup, my crappy old System is running on a Generic 350Wthinking about scavanging a 500W from the computer storage area in our school. Tech teacher had a Xeon running for a while but it blew the motherbaord and its sitting idle in there. gonig to take it off that and run it on mine so i can add 2 Custom cut 180mm fan at 2000RPM yeah, or 4 closely packed Turbines yeaah!!!! what kind of wind tunnel will that get me?