with so much spare-time on my hands i couldnt avoid looking my computer
re-boot. when the big windows xp-logo appears with the "loading-bar"
underneath i discovered that the color of the "loading-blocks" had changed
from green to blue. why is that? i suppose that it have something about my
SP2-installation but why does that change the color. just a nice feature or
what?

Hi Olle,

SP2 gives all systems the same startup screen. You'll notice also that it no
longer says Home or Pro on it as well.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"olle" <olle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> with so much spare-time on my hands i couldnt avoid looking my computer
> re-boot. when the big windows xp-logo appears with the "loading-bar"
> underneath i discovered that the color of the "loading-blocks" had changed
> from green to blue. why is that? i suppose that it have something about my
> SP2-installation but why does that change the color. just a nice feature
> or
> what?

"The change reduces the test matrix and uses more common code across all Windows XP derivatives."

[per Mike Brannigan w/Microsoft]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP