shadow88

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2006
I have an a8n32-SLI Board. Upgraded the BIOS and had an error booting up. It seems that ASUS changed the order that the Harddrives are detected and now, my computer looks at the wrong disk in order to boot up.

So, Its no big deal to reformat in my case but everytime i put in the windows disk, it looks like its about to load and then restarts?!

Anyone have any ideas?

rahulhbk

Distinguished
May 14, 2006
Try changing the settings in the BIOS though i guess you've already tried that. If you have then the only reason i can think of is that the BIOS didn't get upgraded correctly :?

blueangel

Distinguished
May 7, 2006
Have you tried to clear the bios, set to defaults, failsafe. You might need a new bios chip, I have had problems with an Asus bios update in the past. I was able to order one for $20 by phone.

shadow88

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2006
******UPDATE********

I reset the BIOS once more and now can get it to boot off the windows disk. There is another problem though :p When formatting the computer reboots.

Both disks have been checked and no bad sectors were reported on either disk.

Any Ideas?

PCcashCow

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2002
Try to Fdisk each HDD indivdually (only one powered on) or zero them out with an OEM util. Durring the install, unless your setting up a raid, do the clean install with only the minimal componants installed and once drive connected.

Cheers!