Printworks Epson compatible carts - any good?

Has anyone had any experiences with the Epson compatible printer cartridges
from Printworks?

They are currently being advertised at http://www.scan.co.uk/ for incredibly
low prices.
For example, for my Epson 890 a colour catridge is being sold for just over
£2.

Can anyone recommend these, or is it a case of 'you get what you pay for'. I
currently use Epson carts, as I have been a bit wary of compatibles and
don't really use the printer enough to warrant refils.

TIA
Martin

miked

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2004

"Martin C" <MartinC@invalid.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone had any experiences with the Epson compatible printer
cartridges
> from Printworks?
>
> They are currently being advertised at http://www.scan.co.uk/ for
incredibly
> low prices.
> For example, for my Epson 890 a colour catridge is being sold for just
over
> £2.
>
> Can anyone recommend these, or is it a case of 'you get what you pay for'.
> currently use Epson carts, as I have been a bit wary of compatibles and
> don't really use the printer enough to warrant refils.

I have no experience of Printworks cartridges, but I do get superb results
in my Epson 890 using PrintRite cartridges.

I buy them from http://www.tonezoneuk.com/, who give similar prices, very
prompt delivery and free postage.

Mike