Flickering on an LCD

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
Something odd I noticed today.....on internet explorer, set the web page to about:blank, and then under appearance for window instead of it being white make it some gray color, or whatever. Then u will notice an odd flickering on your LCD!!! I first saw this, and to make sure it wasn't my eyes, I asked a freind and he said it flickered too. Then I went to my friend's house w/ a different LCD, and lo and behold, that flickered too!! Gosharks mentioned that lights refresh at 60Hz, but newer ones double that, and are at 120Hz. Culd this flickering be some odd effect from that? Gosharks I am really looking for your input on this one.

Only if you let me see the Umpa Lumpa- Homer Simpson.

G

Go fish.

Mine doesn't flicker. Where do you come up with these wacky thoughts man? Lay off the acid! :p

G

You mean the guy who would slam his post in a heartbeat? Hmm... :)

It seems you cannot appreciate my bad puns. :)

Oni

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Go to <A HREF="http://us.hercules.com/support/link_drivers.php3?prodid=17&c=1&p=0" target="_new">this link</A> and tell me if you get flickering.
My compaq sometimes "flickers" when there are TONS of different lines and dots and such.

"Why can't I be the man? I mean, I DO have harmony balls..." -epoth

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
Yeah, but I got the same bs on the Hercules website w/ a lot of CRT's also. I wasn't talking about flickering while moving, I meant when looking at a stationary colored thing. Well, it is most definetly the eyes, since in the morning (not tired) there is none, and at night (after 12 hours in front of LCD) there is flickering.

Only if you let me see the Umpa Lumpa- Homer Simpson.

G

no flickering there on my lcd

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; In practice, there is.