can i share the scanner on HP 6110

Hi,
I have a HP Officejet 6110 all-in-one. I have been able to share the printer
part between 2 computers on a network but can not seem to share the scanner
part of the printer.

Can the scanner on the 6110 be shared with other computers?
Cheers
Lenny
2 answers Last reply
More about share scanner 6110

    In article <42246f95$0$5557$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com>, lenny1097
    @hotmail.nospam.com says...
    > Hi,
    > I have a HP Officejet 6110 all-in-one. I have been able to share the printer
    > part between 2 computers on a network but can not seem to share the scanner
    > part of the printer.
    >
    > Can the scanner on the 6110 be shared with other computers?
    > Cheers
    > Lenny

    I haven't seen a consumer level scanner that can be shared..

    What I do is make sure the network is working properly, then scan 'em and
    save 'em across the network.

    The logic works like this:

    You GOTTA go to the scanner to put the pictures in, so have it close to the
    computer it is working with and scan and SAVE to the network drive.

    Even the inexpensive photo editing software can save accross a network (like
    Paint Shop Pro).

    --
    Larry Lynch
    Mystic, Ct.

    Larry <larrylynch3rd@comcast.net> wrote:
    > In article <42246f95$0$5557$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com>, lenny1097
    > @hotmail.nospam.com says...
    > > Hi,
    > > I have a HP Officejet 6110 all-in-one. I have been able to share the printer
    > > part between 2 computers on a network but can not seem to share the scanner
    > > part of the printer.
    > >
    > > Can the scanner on the 6110 be shared with other computers?
    > > Cheers
    > > Lenny
    > >

    > I haven't seen a consumer level scanner that can be shared..

    The 7310's scanner (and FAX and copier) can be used from any computer
    on the network if it's network connected. It's only the next AIO up
    from the 6110. If the 6110 is connected via the network rather than
    USB connected then I can see no reason why the scanner can't be used
    from other computers.

    --
    Chris Green

Printers Computers Hewlett Packard Scanners Peripherals