wierd crash. 777-300

here i am, 37000, crusing along at 0.81mach (60knot head wind though), 1h20
out from Gatwick (EGKK) after taking off from KOS, Greece, (LGKO), was just
going through my decent checklist....

Then FSpassenger cabin crew comes in and gives me my drink, and all hell
broke loose. I heard a bang, then plane flipped into a STRAIGHT down dive,
accelerated to 700knots. I cut off AP, cut the engines, and slowly i managed
to pull out at 8000 feet, call mayday, then the plane broke up at 500knots,
somewhere over the ardenne forest.

But what the hell caused it??? this is the second time something like this
has happend since getting FSpassnger, i dunno if its related, or because im
playing more now but it seems wierd. Last time it was as if my plane had a
rocket pack, it accelerated to mach 1.1 and climbed to 50000 before it broke
up also.

I heard a bang this time, right side, however engine was showing fine, and
equal to the left, and reacted to throttle movements fine!

FSpax report shows nothing, other than it didnt like "my" accrobatic
flying!!!! ARRG :-(

Im using the default pacifica airlines company, with no failures
on......well at least i think so. Maybe the flight attendant let a terrorist
in or something? lol :-( I wish i had a blackbox recorder!!! would be cool
if there was something like this, that records the last few minutes of a
flight, including all inputs from the joystick etc. Im just wondering if my
X45 joystick turned off for a split second again, that causes huge spike
might have caused the crash, but AP normaly smooths out any spikes my stick
does....

--
From Overlag - Adam Webb

Arthur

Have you got the registered version of FSPaX? If so, go to their forum and
relate your little adventure. They will go to any length to assist you.
Just wondering......Have you been maintaining the aircraft using Company
Manager? If you don't, failures will occur...all kinds. I don't think you
were flying over a war zone to my knowledge, so I guess you can discount
being shot at. What is your setting regarding failures? Being the chikken
I am, mine is set to 1% until I learn what to do when crashing into the
ground. If it is set higher, you will encounter some very interesting
situations.

FSPassengers is a very humbling program. If you think you can fly the 'big
irons'...that you've mastered the 'greased landings' and have figured out
all you have to know about those big beauties, you will soon learn
differently after a few flights with FSPassengers. It has no regard for
your feelings, and is like flying with a flight instructor critiquing you
all the time. In that regard, it is a great tool.

I would just love to know what is in that 'some drink' being offered to the
captain every so often. : )

Arthur

"Adam Webb" <adam@ajmysecondname.eclipse.co.uk> wrote in message
> here i am, 37000, crusing along at 0.81mach (60knot head wind though),
> 1h20 out from Gatwick (EGKK) after taking off from KOS, Greece, (LGKO),
> was just going through my decent checklist....
>
> Then FSpassenger cabin crew comes in and gives me my drink, and all hell
> broke loose. I heard a bang, then plane flipped into a STRAIGHT down dive,
> accelerated to 700knots. I cut off AP, cut the engines, and slowly i
> managed to pull out at 8000 feet, call mayday, then the plane broke up at
> 500knots, somewhere over the ardenne forest.
>
> But what the hell caused it??? this is the second time something like this
> has happend since getting FSpassnger, i dunno if its related, or because
> im playing more now but it seems wierd. Last time it was as if my plane
> had a rocket pack, it accelerated to mach 1.1 and climbed to 50000 before
> it broke up also.
>
> I heard a bang this time, right side, however engine was showing fine, and
> equal to the left, and reacted to throttle movements fine!
>
> FSpax report shows nothing, other than it didnt like "my" accrobatic
> flying!!!! ARRG :-(
>
> Im using the default pacifica airlines company, with no failures
> on......well at least i think so. Maybe the flight attendant let a
> terrorist in or something? lol :-( I wish i had a blackbox recorder!!!
> would be cool if there was something like this, that records the last few
> minutes of a flight, including all inputs from the joystick etc. Im just
> wondering if my X45 joystick turned off for a split second again, that
> causes huge spike might have caused the crash, but AP normaly smooths out
> any spikes my stick does....
>
> --
> From Overlag - Adam Webb

I'm betting you flew over a warzone or other no fly zone and got shot down

--
**********
shu

"Adam Webb" <adam@ajmysecondname.eclipse.co.uk> wrote in message
> here i am, 37000, crusing along at 0.81mach (60knot head wind though),
1h20
> out from Gatwick (EGKK) after taking off from KOS, Greece, (LGKO), was
just
> going through my decent checklist....
>
> Then FSpassenger cabin crew comes in and gives me my drink, and all hell
> broke loose. I heard a bang, then plane flipped into a STRAIGHT down dive,
> accelerated to 700knots. I cut off AP, cut the engines, and slowly i
managed
> to pull out at 8000 feet, call mayday, then the plane broke up at
500knots,
> somewhere over the ardenne forest.
>
> But what the hell caused it??? this is the second time something like this
> has happend since getting FSpassnger, i dunno if its related, or because
im
> playing more now but it seems wierd. Last time it was as if my plane had a
> rocket pack, it accelerated to mach 1.1 and climbed to 50000 before it
broke
> up also.
>
> I heard a bang this time, right side, however engine was showing fine, and
> equal to the left, and reacted to throttle movements fine!
>
> FSpax report shows nothing, other than it didnt like "my" accrobatic
> flying!!!! ARRG :-(
>
> Im using the default pacifica airlines company, with no failures
> on......well at least i think so. Maybe the flight attendant let a
terrorist
> in or something? lol :-( I wish i had a blackbox recorder!!! would be cool
> if there was something like this, that records the last few minutes of a
> flight, including all inputs from the joystick etc. Im just wondering if
my
> X45 joystick turned off for a split second again, that causes huge spike
> might have caused the crash, but AP normaly smooths out any spikes my
stick
> does....
>
> --
> From Overlag - Adam Webb

dallas

"Arthur"
> FSPassengers. It has no regard for
> your feelings, and is like flying with a flight instructor
> critiquing you all the time. In that regard, it is a great tool.

That's Ok... I've already got a wife for that.

:)

Dallas

> I'm betting you flew over a warzone or other no fly zone and got shot down

it was the france/german boarder, maybe the started ANOTHER war? :)

--
From Overlag - Adam Webb

> Just wondering......Have you been maintaining the aircraft using Company
> Manager? If you don't, failures will occur...all kinds. I don't think
> you were flying over a war zone to my knowledge, so I guess you can
> discount being shot at. What is your setting regarding failures?

its one of the default companies with it on "easy mode", which i think has
all failures off. I could be totaly wrong though!!

--
From Overlag - Adam Webb