Refill Cannon Cartridge

Can anyone tell me how i can refill the black 3E or 6 ink cartridge on a
Cannon IP4000 without the ink running out. I can refill it only till the
sponge
gets saturated . Any more than this ,that shows in the glass area ,runs out.

Andy Petro wrote:

> Can anyone tell me how i can refill the black 3E or 6 ink cartridge on a
> Cannon IP4000 without the ink running out. I can refill it only till the
> sponge
> gets saturated . Any more than this ,that shows in the glass area ,runs out.

Runs out as in leaks out of the exit hold at the bottom?

What most of us do - or perhaps I should say, I do - is attach the
original orange break-off cap with rubber bands to the cartridge ink
exit hole (rather tightly). Then after filling I seal the fill hole
absolutely air tight or else the ink will run out again when I remove
the orange cap from the bottom. Failure to seal the hole from which you
filled the ink is the only reason ink would "run out". I use any of
following methods currently for sealing the fill hole: - a small
stainless steel screw (must be stainless!), a plastic or soft rubber
plug available from ink dealers, or, some of my cartridges have a built
in plastic sealing screw for the fill hole. Others have used glue guns
with great success. If you've thrown away the orange break-off caps, you
can try sealing the bottom exit hole with electrical tape while
you fill. BUT YOU MUST SEAL THE TOP FILL HOLE after, or else your nice
new iP4000 printer will be swimming in ink.

-Taliesyn

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 22:31:15 -0500, Taliesyn <taliesyn4@netscape.net>
wrote as underneath my scribble :

Just adding 2c to the good answer below - OP also must not remove the
main part of the sticker on the top of the tank, this forms the
serpentine pressure equalisation breather for the liquid resevoir.
Removal of the tape would probaly also allow the ink to run out of the
jets.

>What most of us do - or perhaps I should say, I do - is attach the
>original orange break-off cap with rubber bands to the cartridge ink
>exit hole (rather tightly). Then after filling I seal the fill hole
>absolutely air tight or else the ink will run out again when I remove
>the orange cap from the bottom. Failure to seal the hole from which you
>filled the ink is the only reason ink would "run out". I use any of
>following methods currently for sealing the fill hole: - a small
>stainless steel screw (must be stainless!), a plastic or soft rubber
>plug available from ink dealers, or, some of my cartridges have a built
>in plastic sealing screw for the fill hole. Others have used glue guns
>with great success. If you've thrown away the orange break-off caps, you
>can try sealing the bottom exit hole with electrical tape while
>you fill. BUT YOU MUST SEAL THE TOP FILL HOLE after, or else your nice
>new iP4000 printer will be swimming in ink.
>
>-Taliesyn

TRENDING THREADS