ATI vs NVIDIA? anyone?

Anoobis

Splendid
Feb 4, 2006
Although I commend you on your efforts to help out the OP in this<---(click me) thread, these sort of things seem to be happening a lot lately. Just look at all the lame AMD vs Intel threads lately.

I too attempted to keep the thread on track but once a fanboy gets going, they're hard to stop. The best thing to do is just hit the "Ignore" button, or...sit back, relax, and enjoy the show.

As long as forums exist, posters like radeonninjaxt a.k.a nvidiotfanboykiller will exist.

I'm pretty sure the OP of that thread has already made their decision.

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
People can't seem to figure out which is best, particularly for mid-range cards, anyone have any ideas?

There are good sites to find reviews, e.g., here and extremetech.com. It also depends on how you'll use it and how much money you have. Finally, I think it is none sense to say one company is always better than another accross the board. It's like saying some athelete is the greatest to ever play their game. Might be able to persuavely argue the greatest at a particular position but not the game. For me what is most important is overall quality of the companies products at the time I'm buying. E.g., right now Maxtor HDD have some serious quality issues so I don't buy Maxtor. But companies overall quality changes. e.g., a while back Canon printers had a lot of problems but today I they're some of the best out there.

GeneticWeapon

Splendid
Jan 13, 2003
:D

bitchin.jpg

Anoobis

Splendid
Feb 4, 2006
Now, now. He's just a little upset at how another post went off topic due to another fanboy. Jebazor was only trying to divert fanboy posters from that post here to try and get the original post back on topic.

prozac26, Cleeve found another puppet.

sdrawkcaBgoD

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2006
The only game the 7900GT beats the X1800XT in is Doom3/Quake4.

And Lock On: Modern Air Combat.
And Pacific Fighters.
And High-Res FarCry.

And probably a bunch of other games that weren't included in the tests...

In fact, out of the nine tests the 7900gt performs better in four, the x1800xt performs better in four and they split Farcry right down the middle. Personally, I'd go for the higher-resolution performance of FarCry as my criteria since I have a high-res monitor. Before anyone starts creaming fanboy, please check my sig!

Jebazor

Distinguished
May 15, 2006
In all seriousness, I wanted to shift the topic to what people think is going to happen in the next couple of years, what with the constant competition between ATI and NVidia, the new gaming systems using competing chips, and the new cards coming out every month it seems.

Do any of you think that things are just on an endless cycle (ATI has best card=>Nvidia has best card=>ATI=>Nvidia..etc...) or will one of the companies wait a little longer to innovate and truly change the way all of us use graphics cards in the future.
:x
/|
/ | |
/
/

Jebazor

Distinguished
May 15, 2006
As far as the fighting and fanboy thing is concerned, my point was that nobody dumb enough to run their mouth off does it where everyone can see it, like here, dumb question, yes, but no dumb answers yet.:roll:

Korrd

Distinguished
May 16, 2006
Fanboys... *sigh*
I never understood fanatism in any sense.

Fanboys can be people who adore a product (to adore a product its nonsense. its just a product). Or those who are paid by the companies to promote thier product in forums, etc..

Personally, im not married to any brand. When i need to buy a product i just perform an investigation to determine which one gives me the "best bang for the buck". Brand is not considered. I dont care if it is nvidia, ati, bergamote, ducky, etc.. as long as it is of good quality.