  • Messenger
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
September 19, 2004 11:02:13 AM

Archived from groups: alt.os.windows.xp,alt.os.windows-xp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

I use Win XP Home Edition

Recently I had upgraded Windows Messenger 4.7 to Windows Messenger V5.0.
Ever since when I start my pc, I get the following error:

"Error ocurred while reading c:\progra~1\newdot~1\newdot~2.dll. The module
you specified is not found"

Would appreciate if someone can help me how to solve above problem, thank
you.

Regards, Sachi from Japan

More about : rundll error

September 19, 2004 11:02:14 AM

Sachi Noma wrote:
> I use Win XP Home Edition
>
> Recently I had upgraded Windows Messenger 4.7 to Windows Messenger
> V5.0. Ever since when I start my pc, I get the following error:
>
> "Error ocurred while reading c:\progra~1\newdot~1\newdot~2.dll. The
> module you specified is not found"
>
> Would appreciate if someone can help me how to solve above problem,
> thank you.

"How to Detect and Remove NewDotNet"
http://www.securemost.com/articles/trou_3_newdot.htm
Anonymous
September 19, 2004 11:02:14 AM

Archived from groups: alt.os.windows.xp,alt.os.windows-xp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

Try a search on Google and you will find that newdot installs spyware.
Mabey you are lucky that you can not find the dll. Do a search of
your registry and find the line trying to load it. Delete it. May be
even in your remove program listing.

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 07:02:13 +0900, "Sachi Noma" <snoma01@bigfoot.com>
wrote:

>I use Win XP Home Edition
>
>Recently I had upgraded Windows Messenger 4.7 to Windows Messenger V5.0.
>Ever since when I start my pc, I get the following error:
>
>"Error ocurred while reading c:\progra~1\newdot~1\newdot~2.dll. The module
>you specified is not found"
>
>Would appreciate if someone can help me how to solve above problem, thank
>you.
>
>Regards, Sachi from Japan
September 19, 2004 1:01:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.os.windows.xp,alt.os.windows-xp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

Thank you for your suggestion. Everything is working fine now!

Regards, Sachi from Japan

"relic" <nospam@relic211.cjb.net> wrote in message
> Sachi Noma wrote:
> > I use Win XP Home Edition
> >
> > Recently I had upgraded Windows Messenger 4.7 to Windows Messenger
> > V5.0. Ever since when I start my pc, I get the following error:
> >
> > "Error ocurred while reading c:\progra~1\newdot~1\newdot~2.dll. The
> > module you specified is not found"
> >
> > Would appreciate if someone can help me how to solve above problem,
> > thank you.
>

> "How to Detect and Remove NewDotNet"
> http://www.securemost.com/articles/trou_3_newdot.htm

September 19, 2004 1:01:57 PM

Sachi Noma wrote:
> Thank you for your suggestion. Everything is working fine now!

Any time.
!