Rundll error help please

Archived from groups: alt.os.windows.xp,alt.os.windows-xp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

I use Win XP Home Edition

Recently I had upgraded Windows Messenger 4.7 to Windows Messenger V5.0.
Ever since when I start my pc, I get the following error:

"Error ocurred while reading c:\progra~1\newdot~1\newdot~2.dll. The module
you specified is not found"

Would appreciate if someone can help me how to solve above problem, thank
you.

Regards, Sachi from Japan
4 answers Last reply
More about rundll error please
  1. Archived from groups: alt.os.windows.xp,alt.os.windows-xp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

    Sachi Noma wrote:
    > I use Win XP Home Edition
    >
    > Recently I had upgraded Windows Messenger 4.7 to Windows Messenger
    > V5.0. Ever since when I start my pc, I get the following error:
    >
    > "Error ocurred while reading c:\progra~1\newdot~1\newdot~2.dll. The
    > module you specified is not found"
    >
    > Would appreciate if someone can help me how to solve above problem,
    > thank you.

    "How to Detect and Remove NewDotNet"
    http://www.securemost.com/articles/trou_3_newdot.htm
  2. Archived from groups: alt.os.windows.xp,alt.os.windows-xp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

    Try a search on Google and you will find that newdot installs spyware.
    Mabey you are lucky that you can not find the dll. Do a search of
    your registry and find the line trying to load it. Delete it. May be
    even in your remove program listing.

    On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 07:02:13 +0900, "Sachi Noma" <snoma01@bigfoot.com>
    wrote:

    >I use Win XP Home Edition
    >
    >Recently I had upgraded Windows Messenger 4.7 to Windows Messenger V5.0.
    >Ever since when I start my pc, I get the following error:
    >
    >"Error ocurred while reading c:\progra~1\newdot~1\newdot~2.dll. The module
    >you specified is not found"
    >
    >Would appreciate if someone can help me how to solve above problem, thank
    >you.
    >
    >Regards, Sachi from Japan
  3. Archived from groups: alt.os.windows.xp,alt.os.windows-xp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

    Thank you for your suggestion. Everything is working fine now!

    Regards, Sachi from Japan

    "relic" <nospam@relic211.cjb.net> wrote in message
    > Sachi Noma wrote:
    > > I use Win XP Home Edition
    > >
    > > Recently I had upgraded Windows Messenger 4.7 to Windows Messenger
    > > V5.0. Ever since when I start my pc, I get the following error:
    > >
    > > "Error ocurred while reading c:\progra~1\newdot~1\newdot~2.dll. The
    > > module you specified is not found"
    > >
    > > Would appreciate if someone can help me how to solve above problem,
    > > thank you.
    >

    > "How to Detect and Remove NewDotNet"
    > http://www.securemost.com/articles/trou_3_newdot.htm

  4. Archived from groups: alt.os.windows.xp,alt.os.windows-xp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

    Sachi Noma wrote:
    > Thank you for your suggestion. Everything is working fine now!

    Any time.

Messenger Microsoft Windows XP