Radeon 9250 could be best choice.

Well if it's for Video (not gaming) then I'd recommend the GF6200 for it's PureVideo features that wouldn't be available on the R9xxx or GF FX series cards.

Personally I'd say don't bother, try and replace the mobo with even something integrated to start (but with AGP or PCIe slot), likely play better than any PCI card, and you'd have the option for something better.

dvdpiddy

Splendid
Feb 3, 2006
STOP!

What model is it cause if it's below the 3000 it cant be upgraded with graphics card no matter how hard you try(thats why they dont come with agp slots). It's locked in the bios i called dell and thats what they told me.

Edit typo

Buying a PCI card seems worthless, but If you must get a Geforce 6200, Geforce 5700LE, or a Radeon 9250.

Yeah and like I said I think I'd only recommend the GF6200 forvideo editing cause the gaming on all 3 will be terrible, but at least it's got something.

I'd say new Mobo and cheap card.

Look at the 6100 against some of the cheap add in cards, and the PCI cards are likely slwoer than the 6100;
http://www.techreport.com/reviews/2006q2/budget-gpus/index.x?pg=1

Not worth bothering with a PCI card IMO.

Pain

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2004
Start by being more specific. Everyone apparantly assumed you had an old machine since you wanted a PCI card, and you were so vague. So, what is the model of the machine and what resolution are you trying to use?

moparman390

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2006
I get the feeling it's a PCI Express video card you are looking for. That would change everything dramatically. Please be more specific, provide us details (the model number of the Dell would be a big help) so we know ehat you are talking about.

buckiller

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2006
well being that his Dell is only 2 weeks old, replacing the motherboard is out of the question. thank you for your help.

Why? Unless you are looking for PCI-E, getting a motherboard that supports everything else in the box along with PCI-E and AGP would be better, even if it is a budget $50 Mobo....THen you could get a $50 vid card as good as the more expensive PCI cards.

TRENDING THREADS