Grandstream Sip phone - only 1 account per phone

boobie

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2004

Hello,
If I understand well with a GrandStream Sip phone, one of the
most knows, supported and economic, I can use only 1 sip account
per phone, so if the Sip voip provider attach only 1 number per
account I cannot use 2 or 3 numbers with an account with only 1
Sip phone Grandstream.

Correct.

Do you think that soon the Grandstream will do a new sip phone
with this feature, I mean, more Sip accounts in one phone?

Why they don't do this feature, I think that a lot of people need it
I really don't understand....

let me know if you know SIP phones that support multiple Sip
accounts, in one phone.

thank you!

Boobie

> Sip voip provider attach only 1 number per account I cannot use 2 or 3
> numbers with an account with only 1 Sip phone Grandstream.

I think it's unlikely that a phone selling for less than $80 will ever do
multiple accounts. The best solution is to use your own asterisk
installation, which would give you an unlimited number of accounts and
phones. Or you can join "Freeworld Dialup" (FWD) which has peering
agreements with a lot of operators like sipgate, IconnectHere etc. FWD is
free and adds voicemail and other services. They also operate a paid
service called Libretel and sell hardware at a fair price (for shipping
within the US).

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

"BlueRinse" <brinseM-newminuitLoseThis@sneakemail.com> wrote in message
> > Sip voip provider attach only 1 number per account I cannot use 2 or 3
> > numbers with an account with only 1 Sip phone Grandstream.
>
> I think it's unlikely that a phone selling for less than $80 will ever do
> multiple accounts. The best solution is to use your own asterisk
> installation, which would give you an unlimited number of accounts and
> phones. Or you can join "Freeworld Dialup" (FWD) which has peering
> agreements with a lot of operators like sipgate, IconnectHere etc. FWD is
> free and adds voicemail and other services. They also operate a paid
> service called Libretel and sell hardware at a fair price (for shipping
> within the US).

But will a Grandsteam adapter work with Asterisk, or is a IAX adapter needed
?

Dave

BlueRinse <brinseM-newminuitLoseThis@sneakemail.com> writes:

>> Sip voip provider attach only 1 number per account I cannot use 2 or 3
>> numbers with an account with only 1 Sip phone Grandstream.

>I think it's unlikely that a phone selling for less than $80 will ever do
>multiple accounts.

http://www.voipsupply.com/product_info.php?products_id=322
It's at $80/unit in large quantities already. I expect it to go lower.

>The best solution is to use your own asterisk
>installation,

Agreed...for some situations.

--kyler

"Dave" <myozone@hotmail.com> writes:

>But will a Grandsteam adapter work with Asterisk, or is a IAX adapter needed
>?

Asterisk *is* an IAX(2) adapter. All of the standalone devices I use with
Asterisk use SIP. It's handled well.

--kyler

boobie

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2004

"BlueRinse" <brinseM-newminuitLoseThis@sneakemail.com> ha scritto nel
messaggio news:pan.2004.12.26.08.57.26.672000@sneakemail.com...
>> Sip voip provider attach only 1 number per account I cannot use 2 or 3
>> numbers with an account with only 1 Sip phone Grandstream.
>
> I think it's unlikely that a phone selling for less than $80 will ever do
> multiple accounts. The best solution is to use your own asterisk
> installation, which would give you an unlimited number of accounts and
> phones. Or you can join "Freeworld Dialup" (FWD) which has peering
> agreements with a lot of operators like sipgate, IconnectHere etc. FWD is
> free and adds voicemail and other services. They also operate a paid
> service called Libretel and sell hardware at a fair price (for shipping
> within the US).

Never talked about the price. I will be happy to spend 160$ for a
Grandstream
where I can use 2 or 3 sip accounts per each.
This mean that if somebody call a 212 or 312 or 425 area code will ring ..

I have heard that SNOM do this, but I don't like the design of the phone,

bye

boobie

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2004

"Kyler Laird" <Kyler@news.Lairds.org> ha scritto nel messaggio
> BlueRinse <brinseM-newminuitLoseThis@sneakemail.com> writes:
>
>>> Sip voip provider attach only 1 number per account I cannot use 2 or 3
>>> numbers with an account with only 1 Sip phone Grandstream.
>
>>I think it's unlikely that a phone selling for less than $80 will ever do
>>multiple accounts.
>
> http://www.voipsupply.com/product_info.php?products_id=322
> It's at $80/unit in large quantities already. I expect it to go lower.

thank you! is this a phone for 2 lines I read?
this mean that I can use 2 sip accounts of iconnecthere and get
2 area code working in the same time? So a 212 and a 312 ..
correct?

boobie

> It's at $80/unit in large quantities already. I expect it to go lower.

Pulver sells you a single phone for $65 plus shipping.

> Agreed...for some situations.

As I said, there is always using someone else's asterisk, such as FWD.

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

"Kyler Laird" <Kyler@news.Lairds.org> wrote in message
> "Dave" <myozone@hotmail.com> writes:
>
> >But will a Grandsteam adapter work with Asterisk, or is a IAX adapter
needed
> >?
>
> Asterisk *is* an IAX(2) adapter. All of the standalone devices I use with
> Asterisk use SIP. It's handled well.
>
> --kyler

Ah thanks for clearing that up for me, I was thinking I need a 'IAXy'
adapter for Asterisk - but I can use a SIP Grandsteam !. So I can sign up
with a SIP provider and in the future sign up with a IAX provider and use
Asterisk and the Grandsteam SIP adapter

Dave...

"Boobie" <nospam@nospam.com> writes:

>> http://www.voipsupply.com/product_info.php?products_id=322
>> It's at $80/unit in large quantities already. I expect it to go lower.

>thank you! is this a phone for 2 lines I read?
>this mean that I can use 2 sip accounts of iconnecthere and get
>2 area code working in the same time? So a 212 and a 312 ..
>correct?

That's how I read it. You can get "4 lines" also.

I run everything through Asterisk so I have all sorts of "lines" coming
to my phones. I'm not familiar with using multiple accounts on a single
device and I don't have an SPA-841 but I've noticed some mention of
multiple accounts in some Sipura text. (I have lots of other Sipura
hardware. The SPA-2000 can easily handle different accounts for each
line.)

--kyler

"Dave" <myozone@hotmail.com> writes:

>> >But will a Grandsteam adapter work with Asterisk, or is a IAX adapter
>needed

>> Asterisk *is* an IAX(2) adapter. All of the standalone devices I use with
>> Asterisk use SIP. It's handled well.

>Ah thanks for clearing that up for me, I was thinking I need a 'IAXy'
>adapter for Asterisk -

Yeah, I wondered that too. I bought an IAXy. It worked amazingly poorly
for me. Then I started buying Sipura (SIP) devices. Wow! Lots less
expensive, *vastly* more features, and they're robust. They work
beautifully with Asterisk.

>but I can use a SIP Grandsteam !. So I can sign up
>with a SIP provider and in the future sign up with a IAX provider and use
>Asterisk and the Grandsteam SIP adapter

Yup, no problem. Go with someone like LiveVoIP and you can get either
SIP or IAX straight from them. My guess is that you'll be perfectly happy
using SIP though.

--kyler