Grandstream Sip phone - only 1 account per phone

Hello,
If I understand well with a GrandStream Sip phone, one of the
most knows, supported and economic, I can use only 1 sip account
per phone, so if the Sip voip provider attach only 1 number per
account I cannot use 2 or 3 numbers with an account with only 1
Sip phone Grandstream.

Correct.

Do you think that soon the Grandstream will do a new sip phone
with this feature, I mean, more Sip accounts in one phone?

Why they don't do this feature, I think that a lot of people need it
I really don't understand....

let me know if you know SIP phones that support multiple Sip
accounts, in one phone.

thank you!

Boobie
10 answers Last reply
More about grandstream phone account phone

    > Sip voip provider attach only 1 number per account I cannot use 2 or 3
    > numbers with an account with only 1 Sip phone Grandstream.

    I think it's unlikely that a phone selling for less than $80 will ever do
    multiple accounts. The best solution is to use your own asterisk
    installation, which would give you an unlimited number of accounts and
    phones. Or you can join "Freeworld Dialup" (FWD) which has peering
    agreements with a lot of operators like sipgate, IconnectHere etc. FWD is
    free and adds voicemail and other services. They also operate a paid
    service called Libretel and sell hardware at a fair price (for shipping
    within the US).

    "BlueRinse" <brinseM-newminuitLoseThis@sneakemail.com> wrote in message
    > > Sip voip provider attach only 1 number per account I cannot use 2 or 3
    > > numbers with an account with only 1 Sip phone Grandstream.
    >
    > I think it's unlikely that a phone selling for less than $80 will ever do
    > multiple accounts. The best solution is to use your own asterisk
    > installation, which would give you an unlimited number of accounts and
    > phones. Or you can join "Freeworld Dialup" (FWD) which has peering
    > agreements with a lot of operators like sipgate, IconnectHere etc. FWD is
    > free and adds voicemail and other services. They also operate a paid
    > service called Libretel and sell hardware at a fair price (for shipping
    > within the US).

    But will a Grandsteam adapter work with Asterisk, or is a IAX adapter needed
    ?

    Dave

    BlueRinse <brinseM-newminuitLoseThis@sneakemail.com> writes:

    >> Sip voip provider attach only 1 number per account I cannot use 2 or 3
    >> numbers with an account with only 1 Sip phone Grandstream.

    >I think it's unlikely that a phone selling for less than $80 will ever do
    >multiple accounts.

    http://www.voipsupply.com/product_info.php?products_id=322
    It's at $80/unit in large quantities already. I expect it to go lower.

    >The best solution is to use your own asterisk
    >installation,

    Agreed...for some situations.

    --kyler

    "Dave" <myozone@hotmail.com> writes:

    >But will a Grandsteam adapter work with Asterisk, or is a IAX adapter needed
    >?

    Asterisk *is* an IAX(2) adapter. All of the standalone devices I use with
    Asterisk use SIP. It's handled well.

    --kyler
  5. Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

    "BlueRinse" <brinseM-newminuitLoseThis@sneakemail.com> ha scritto nel
    messaggio news:pan.2004.12.26.08.57.26.672000@sneakemail.com...
    >> Sip voip provider attach only 1 number per account I cannot use 2 or 3
    >> numbers with an account with only 1 Sip phone Grandstream.
    >
    > I think it's unlikely that a phone selling for less than $80 will ever do
    > multiple accounts. The best solution is to use your own asterisk
    > installation, which would give you an unlimited number of accounts and
    > phones. Or you can join "Freeworld Dialup" (FWD) which has peering
    > agreements with a lot of operators like sipgate, IconnectHere etc. FWD is
    > free and adds voicemail and other services. They also operate a paid
    > service called Libretel and sell hardware at a fair price (for shipping
    > within the US).

    Never talked about the price. I will be happy to spend 160$ for a
    Grandstream
    where I can use 2 or 3 sip accounts per each.
    This mean that if somebody call a 212 or 312 or 425 area code will ring ..

    I have heard that SNOM do this, but I don't like the design of the phone,

    bye
  6. Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

    "Kyler Laird" <Kyler@news.Lairds.org> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > BlueRinse <brinseM-newminuitLoseThis@sneakemail.com> writes:
    >
    >>> Sip voip provider attach only 1 number per account I cannot use 2 or 3
    >>> numbers with an account with only 1 Sip phone Grandstream.
    >
    >>I think it's unlikely that a phone selling for less than $80 will ever do
    >>multiple accounts.
    >
    > http://www.voipsupply.com/product_info.php?products_id=322
    > It's at $80/unit in large quantities already. I expect it to go lower.

    thank you! is this a phone for 2 lines I read?
    this mean that I can use 2 sip accounts of iconnecthere and get
    2 area code working in the same time? So a 212 and a 312 ..
    correct?

    boobie
  7. Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

    > It's at $80/unit in large quantities already. I expect it to go lower.

    Pulver sells you a single phone for $65 plus shipping.

    > Agreed...for some situations.

    As I said, there is always using someone else's asterisk, such as FWD.
  8. Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

    "Kyler Laird" <Kyler@news.Lairds.org> wrote in message
    > "Dave" <myozone@hotmail.com> writes:
    >
    > >But will a Grandsteam adapter work with Asterisk, or is a IAX adapter
    needed
    > >?
    >
    > Asterisk *is* an IAX(2) adapter. All of the standalone devices I use with
    > Asterisk use SIP. It's handled well.
    >
    > --kyler

    Ah thanks for clearing that up for me, I was thinking I need a 'IAXy'
    adapter for Asterisk - but I can use a SIP Grandsteam !. So I can sign up
    with a SIP provider and in the future sign up with a IAX provider and use
    Asterisk and the Grandsteam SIP adapter

    Dave...
  9. Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

    "Boobie" <nospam@nospam.com> writes:

    >> http://www.voipsupply.com/product_info.php?products_id=322
    >> It's at $80/unit in large quantities already. I expect it to go lower.

    >thank you! is this a phone for 2 lines I read?
    >this mean that I can use 2 sip accounts of iconnecthere and get
    >2 area code working in the same time? So a 212 and a 312 ..
    >correct?

    That's how I read it. You can get "4 lines" also.

    I run everything through Asterisk so I have all sorts of "lines" coming
    to my phones. I'm not familiar with using multiple accounts on a single
    device and I don't have an SPA-841 but I've noticed some mention of
    multiple accounts in some Sipura text. (I have lots of other Sipura
    hardware. The SPA-2000 can easily handle different accounts for each
    line.)

    --kyler
  10. Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

    "Dave" <myozone@hotmail.com> writes:

    >> >But will a Grandsteam adapter work with Asterisk, or is a IAX adapter
    >needed

    >> Asterisk *is* an IAX(2) adapter. All of the standalone devices I use with
    >> Asterisk use SIP. It's handled well.

    >Ah thanks for clearing that up for me, I was thinking I need a 'IAXy'
    >adapter for Asterisk -

    Yeah, I wondered that too. I bought an IAXy. It worked amazingly poorly
    for me. Then I started buying Sipura (SIP) devices. Wow! Lots less
    expensive, *vastly* more features, and they're robust. They work
    beautifully with Asterisk.

    >but I can use a SIP Grandsteam !. So I can sign up
    >with a SIP provider and in the future sign up with a IAX provider and use
    >Asterisk and the Grandsteam SIP adapter

    Yup, no problem. Go with someone like LiveVoIP and you can get either
    SIP or IAX straight from them. My guess is that you'll be perfectly happy
    using SIP though.

    --kyler

VPN Phones IP Networking