Deleting windows 2000 pro

I had just installed windows xp and i think i did
something wrong because when i reboot my computer it asks
me if i want to start up windows XP, or Windows 2000 Pro
(Which was previously installed on my PC).

Iwas wondering how i could delete 2000 from my computer
beace it is taking up memory i think and is just bugging
me.

Any sugessions would help.

Thank you

Hi,

It's not taking up memory, but it is occupying drive space. Boot to WinXP,
open Windows Explorer and delete any remaining Win2000 system folders.

Then open System properties in the control panel, click the advanced tab,
then on startup and recovery settings. In the startup section click "edit"
to open boot.ini in notepad. Remove the line that loads Win2000 from the
[operating systems] section and close saving changes.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone